HybridZ

Finally Got my Z running

Mr.INSANE

So im sure some of you have seen the problems ive had with my 280z. Ala ignition switch not working etc.

So Last week I had a friend come over and take a look at some stuff turns out a fusible link fried thats why my ignition switch wasnt working. So we sat testing connections to find out why she wasnt getting any gas. We where guessing some relays where fried. So we finally just tested the connections on the fuel pump. Well the fuel pump was getting power but wasnt working so **** dead fuel pump.

So I saved some cash and bought me a new masters fuel pump. I was figuring i had to jack the car so i did jack only went so far and wasnt high enough for me to put the jack stand under it. That wasnt safe so i dropped the car back down and worked on removing the pump without jacking it. So i sat taking off the fuel lines connecting to it and wires after that i attempted to take off the fuel pump bracket connected to the car. After about five minutes of straining i figured it wasnt going to budge. So i went to my local kragens and bought some of that bolt unsticker stuff. I drenched it and still nothing. I gave up on those bolts and decided to take another off that was connected to the bracket. So eventually got that off and took out the small fuel pump assembly. So I took out the old pump and put in the new which didnt fit perfectly but worked fine. After that i attempted to set up my new fuel filter that i was supposed to put before the pump eventually i realized it wasnt going to work. So i bit the bullit and put it in anyways.

Then wired it all up and tryed for the moment of truth. Turned the key Heard the engine getting some gas but it wasnt firing up all the way. So i was like **** whats wrong now went around back to see gas all over the place Turns out an old fuel line burst. So i went back to kragens and they where nice enough to give me the tube for free. I bought a fuel filter while i was at it. So went back home installed the new cable and fuel filter. So turned the key to here a VROOOOOMMMMM. Since i was flooring it to try to get it started. Lets say this put a smile on my face.

So i sat around and played with the throttle and put in some of that injector cleaner stuff. Anyways this has been a awesome week and im very happy that my z is running. Now i need solidify the fact that my oil pump is or is not working but im rather sure it is.

Four hours of work well spent to get this beast running.

So far im pretty sure the oil pump is good. But I think my alternator could be bad. The Charge light is on constantly. I heard i can take a voltage tester and see if its outputting like above 4 amps or something. Besides that starting isnt very nice but i think ill give that awhile and see how it turns out after a month or so.

Been working on my car found out that one of my sparkplugs is misfiring. So i went pulling the wires to find out which one it was. Unfortaently i got a shock when i pulled one. I then decided ill jsut replace them all instead of getting shocked. Plus the sparkplugs are probally old and replacing them all would be better anyways

I would make sure that your oil pump is FOR SURE working. Not having oil pressure is a great way to fry an engine. as for the dead cylinders, have you looked under the valve cover to see if all the rocker arms are still on the adjusting bolts? when i first bought my car, I had a dead cylinder and I didn't even find out until I had already swapped in another engine (and threw a rod on it!!).

Either way, good to hear that you got her started!

now get her on the road!!!

my idea was that i have some bad injectors thats what im hoping

im switching out the oil pump as soon as i can since i really want to have an expert with me when i do it.

either way i really dont want to end up having to rebuild the engine im hoping to god that i dont have some extremely serious problems.

Okay I already have a oil pump im installing that sometime this week

Now moving on i plan on flushing my brake system but i have a problem

Front brake fluid has solidified. What should i use to remove it? and do you think it has solidified throught the entire front system. Btw back fluid looks fine.

• 2 weeks later...

i thought this was great my engine is totally screwed ala dead oil pump broken injectors and such im trying to find a new l28e anyways.

So today i was working on fixing my damn turn signals cleaned my hazard switch switched flashers cleaned turn stalk etc. So after a halfhour of trying to fix it i was like okay this is gay. I decided to take the car for a little drive.

Take in mind this engine also has fucked up valves and the cam is messed up. So started it up eased it out of the driveway. decided to take it easy at first. did some turns rather fast and was feeling good. So i was thinking i wonder if i can spin the tires. so drove back near my house full throttled got it to about 5000 rpm and let out the clutch to lay down a nice skidmark infront of the road. drove around a bit put er in first took some really sharp turns and the car took them like a dream.

after about five minutes the car started acting a tad weird the rpms wouldnt go past 1000 and it kept stalling. so pulled over gve it a few seconds and started it up to have it run fine.

all in all once i find a new l28e i can tell why people love this car so much