HybridZ

OMG WTF....Speaks in my Z SUCK

240ZR

SOOOO what are replacements? I took the front ones out.... and there is NO ROOM there is a MAXIMUM of 1 1/2 depth.... cheap *** 25watt max pos 30 year old speakers... so where can i get a nice set? what other Speakers are thin enough to fit ANYONE HAVE A NICE SYSTEM in their Z?

I was hoping for near stock replacements.... the closer to stock I keep this car the happier I am....... I will just wire some 6x9s in to some custom boxes this weekend and put those back there for now... anything is x10 better then these POS factory jobs....

The Z door, like most, is a very poor location for speakers, but that didnt stop a lot of them from being hacked open and plugged with junk speakers, or good speakers that actually require an enclosure. I would either junk them and repair your door-skins, or search for decent low-profile, open air or free air mid-range speakers. Make sure they are mids only, and that you dont over-drive them, if you are picky about audio quality, because the resulting vibration and harmonics are going to be pretty bad. Best compromise is to look for options mounted in the hatch and/or compartments behind your seats.