HybridZ

R230 diff sources other than 300ZXTT?

desert dog

I looked at a friend's Armada today and that is one sweet looking axle assembly. Unfortunately there are no Armadas in the junk yards for a 250 mile radius!!!

My friend's Armada has the optional 3.36 gear ratio, which would be perfect for my application.

Are there any other donor vehicles with R230's besides the 300ZXTT and the Nissan Armada?

I searched this, and all I got was how to make half-shafts to fit (which is GREAT info BTW...) :mrgreen: .

I am hoping that by the time I am ready for the axle fit up I will be able to find an Armada in the junk yard.....

Q45 - do a search under R230 differentials and you'll find references to installations using them from the 'Q'.
Unfortunately a lot of posts still refer to the Q45 diff as an R230, but the current consensus is that it's really an R200. Here's a thread that discusses this in detail:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=93863

Not trying to start an argument hear but I believe the early Q45's were indeed a r200 vlsd but after 1998 I believe they were in fact a r230. Could someone please varify this?

Mike

As KING OF Differentials I have have all of these, R230V R230 ARM , R200V Q45, R200, R180 etc. My wife thinks I have a family of differential. Armada and 300ZX TT are the ONLY source. Search my posts. ALL other are R200V or smaller.

as for the Q45 look at mine second from left, tiny compared to R230s.

lineup2.jpg

Awesome pic Cyrus. Thank you very much.

I think I have found a diff out of a wrecked '93 Z32TT. I only have to drive 950 miles to get it though... :( At least it will be there when I am ready for re-assembly. It also happens to line up with G&R Auto Parts in OK City where an immense area of almost new GM vehicles are. Will be looking for a 4L65E, and a TCM...

Thanks for all the help...

Mike