HybridZ

Help: Need John's Cars motor mount photos

I'm currently deep into my Buick (Grand National) 231z project and have held out long enough on the motor/tranny mount fab. It is time to tackle it. Only problem is there are no mounts to be found (we all knew that). I love the concept used by John's Cars on the LS1 conversion (driver side). I'd like to use that same bolt-in premise and mirror image it to the passenger side. I will make the motor mounts from there. However, John won't sell the kit unless it is purchased in full.

I'm hoping someone out there has several good photos of the John's Cars mounts as mounted in their car. If so, could you please post them to the site or send them directly to me at turbobuick87@hotmail.com.

Thanks for all the help or thoughtful suggestions,

Tyson

70 240z (#1495)

Stock GN motor TE50, 55 lbs inj

Built 200r4

Hurst Lightening Rod Shifter

Ground Control Coilovers

Camber plates

Tokico Illumina 5 way shocks

Arizona Z lower control arms

Q45 diff

Panasport C8 17x7.5

Custom Porsche 993 TT brakes (all the way around)

Soon to come:

Porsche 12 way adjustable seats

Thanks for the reply. I'm very familiar with ScottieGNZ. I've owned about 5 turbo Buicks over the last 8 years and head the Nor Cal Turbo Buick Club. I've had my Z in the making for about 2-3 years. It's time to get it going. No offense intended, but the motor mounts on ScottieGNZ's ride were functional, but not very perrty. I'm doing a full restoration, top to bottom on the Z. I need something that is not only functional but compliments the engine compartment too. I already have 15K into the suspension alone so there will be no stone unturned.

Thanks,

Tyson

If you go to my album on this site you'll see some photos of the motor mounts. Not the best, but they are there.

Previous discussion I've had with John (JCI) is that he will sell the motor & transmission mounts separately but not the rest unless you buy the motor and transmission mounts. His reason is that the rest may not work if the engine/tranny is not placed where his mounts place them with the other components being designed around that location.

YOu may want to contact him again.

If you go to my album on this site you'll see some photos of the motor mounts. Not the best' date=' but they are there.

Previous discussion I've had with John (JCI) is that he will sell the motor & transmission mounts separately but not the rest unless you buy the motor and transmission mounts. His reason is that the rest may not work if the engine/tranny is not placed where his mounts place them with the other components being designed around that location.

YOu may want to contact him again.[/quote']

That was my understanding also, Mounts he will sell, just not the other stuff without the mounts.

That was my understanding also, Mounts he will sell, just not the other stuff without the mounts.

That kind of sucks. Isn't his trans mount like the JTR type and just a bar that bolts to the sheet metal floor pans?

I was hoping to fab some stock looking mounts. But I guess i wan't planning on using his driveshaft anyway, so not sure what else he would have that i would need.

That kind of sucks. Isn't his trans mount like the JTR type and just a bar that bolts to the sheet metal floor pans?

I was hoping to fab some stock looking mounts. But I guess i wan't planning on using his driveshaft anyway' date=' so not sure what else he would have that i would need.[/quote']

Nope, his mount is attached to the inside of the frame rails with nutserts in 4 places on each side. Mine has held up nicely through some abuse.