HybridZ

will ka24auto trans work with sr20det?

b__sosick

not for me.

explanation:

Ok, I'm in the market for a car. There are a few 240sx's near me that will go for cheap. Some are nice some are in "good lord what happened to that?!" -shape. Now, here's the big question: is it possible to use a SR20DET with an automatic transmission?

Yeah, I know this sounds like blasphemy but hear me out. The nicest 240's that are going for decent prices by me are all automatics. The other thing is that my parents probably wouldn't aprove of me getting a car with a crappy engine and tranny just to do a swap. Also, even if I do land one of the automatic ones I really don't want to **** up the car accidentally during an auto to manual conversion. So I guess what I want to say is will the stock auto KA tranny work with the SR20DET? From what I'm thinking now I don't think it will work but I could be wrong.

a message from a good friend of mine.

I'm trying to convince him to build up a ka24 turbo motor. but in case he says no to that, will the ka24 auto tranny bolt up to the sr20?

KA and SR trannys are practically the same... For the auto tranny im sure it would work, but just have to change the bell housing. *im not familur with auto trannys tho, but with 5speed tranny thats all that has to be done*

KA and SR have different drive shafts tho. but its no biggy