HybridZ

just an idea i had

Guest SouthGaZX

Guest SouthGaZX

i had been thinking about ways to make cars that run on electricity run longer without having to recharge or whatever (this relates to a z only if you ever thought about putting one of those electric engines in your car) but... wouldnt it be neat if you could find a way to make your rim's spinning motion actually charge the batteries? find a way to turn it into a sort of alternator... it would be crazy... and electric cars would basically always stay charged as long as you didnt just idle without moving for long periods of time.. but then maybe it could have an option when the battery gets too low swap over to gas until the car gets moving again.. i thought about this when i saw people with the spinner rims... i was like hey.. thats kind of like a windmill... wonder if you could use that to make electricity... then i thought well... if that would work why not a rim that didnt have spinners.. well... anyway... thats just a thought i had... sounds crazy.. but could it work??

...and electric cars would basically always stay charged as long as you didnt just idle without moving...

When you convert whatever spinning motion into whatever form of energy, the spinning energy is lost. In a purely electrical car, your concept will make the battery last longer but it will not always stay fully charged. Toyota Prius has no problem with idling at all, it simply shuts off when you are not moving. It recharges energy during braking and when going downhill.

but it goes against the basic law of physics "energy can not be created or destroyed, it can only be altered'> And that alteration always has a lose. Like TheNeedForZ said, it would help, but you can't produce the perpetual motion machine. A friend of mine made one of these way make in the '70s, it sort of worked but had a lot of bugs.

but it goes against the basic law of physics "energy can not be created or destroyed, it can only be altered'> And that alteration always has a lose.[/size']

Do you mean "loss"? If so, that's not true. In fact it contradicts what you quoted. Most of what we think is loss is really converted into heat.

OK, everyone understand. It is not really lost, just not converted into the energy you were trying to make. It may either be not converted or converted into another form of energy.

Perpetual energy machine does not exist.

Maybe you should make one that runs off of cold fusion instead. Which by the way, is theoretically possible as opposed to perpetual energy.

Guest SouthGaZX

so... windmills dont create energy (i know they dont actually MAKE the energy they just convert it from wind energy to electricity) and... toyota already has something like what i was talking about? well that bites.. so in theory you COULD put a magnet around a coil inside your wheel.. and recharge your batteries? or is that what toyota is already doing?

...so in theory you COULD put a magnet around a coil inside your wheel.. and recharge your batteries? or is that what toyota is already doing?

Yes, that's what a motor is. It converts electric energy into kinetic (motion) energy and some heat. Or the same hardware can be a generator and convert kinetic energy into electric energy and some heat.

Yes, that's what Toyota is doing.

.. so in theory you COULD put a magnet around a coil inside your wheel.. and recharge your batteries? or is that what toyota is already doing?

Like Lewis said, if the wheel is made into an alternator that is working ALL THE TIME, then the setup is actually doing negative work.

What the gas-electric car does is to couple the rotating part of the car with a generator when braking or when going downhill. The generator requires torque to be turned so it helps you brake while converting some motion energy back into electricity.

If you make your wheels into alternators, you should break the circuit when you are accelrating/driving, but close the alternator circuit when you are braking or going downhill. That would work properly. However to make the conversion more efficient, you should have something that spins faster coupled with a generator, like flywheel instead of the wheel.