HybridZ

General power question

Guest traub83

Guest traub83

Ok guys I know super/turbo chargers are awsome on any V8 however for my Z i am wanting to make a daily driver that I can go to the strip with, bolt on slicks and pull 11's. Now Im sure with just a normal v8 built up some I can achieve this goal. I currently have a 700r4 built by maddog racing out of florida it is a full manual setup valve body. I of course have a 350 4 bolt main motor I am building. I am really thinking on ordering the Holley Systemax II H/C/I system for it they claim 425hp with the combo. this would prob put me around 360-375hp to the wheels on my 72 240z. Where in the quarter mile would that place me approx if I am a good driver and can hook up?? would that me my 11sec goal already or would I need more??? Id like to seriously build a 450 at the wheels motor but can't find any blueprints to build one on the net anyone know a good natual setup to give me that HP at the wheels using a 700r4 in these cars??? Sorry for the real general question but I know motors however I dont know much about the subject I mentioned with these cars.. Thanks in advance guys!!!

Guest traub83

Ohh lol well then it looks as tho I wouldnt be doing anything wrong by going with the holley systemmax 2 system then!! Id like a low 11 but anywhere is fine honestly and if all else a small shot of nitrous would put me well over the top with power to get me deep into the 11's and slicks!!

look over the thread on 500hp kits

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=107735

look thru the links

keep FIRMLY in mind the LARGER DISPLACEMENT, HIGHER COMPRESSION RATIO, BETTER CYLINDER HEAD FLOW RATES and the MATCHING CAM timing are the major factors in the hp levels you reach....its FAR easier to make exceptional power with a 383-454 sbc engine with good heads and a cam matched to fairly high compression, than when starting with a 302-350 size or stock heads

if you want a well tested combo, that does not use an expensive roller cam

use

AFR 195cc heads

http://www.airflowresearch.com/

CRANE 110921 cam

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=110921&searchinresults=false&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp&x=34&y=12

holley HLY-300-110 intake

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=keith&searchinresults=false&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp&x=30&y=15

on a 10.5:1 cpr

383 OR 406 short block

http://jrmotorsportsltd.com/product.cfm/productID/210.cfm

use a baffled 7-9 qt oil pan

use a 750cfm carb

results will exceed 450hp/450tq (FLYWHEEL) if its assembled and tuned correctly

use full length headers and a free flow exhaust, and a manual trans or an auto with a 3000rpm stall speed and 3.54-4.11 rear gears

THIS IS A VERY COST EFFECTIVE COMBO

Lone Star 1 was running mid 12's with a stock LS1 in a 240Z with the 4L60E tranny on street radials. Zfan was down in the 11's with his 383.

I think you'll need a bit more than 300 rwhp to get into the 11's with the 240 - depending on how much you've stripped it down. What are you looking at for differential gearing and what size slicks are you planning on running? If you're planning on running a slick about 26" tall then a 3.70 LSD would work pretty good. If you go with a shorter tire you may want a 3.54 or 3.36.

With slicks, a 240Z could run an 11 with 300rwhp
no it won't i have 310 at the wheels in a 70 240 all there not stripped and my best is a 12.51 at 109 no stall and drag radials i do not spin . a stall will launch harder thats about all maybe a tenth or os better .. as for the systemax II kit had one just like they said to set up and it made 405 in the car on the dyno but there are better kits if ya wanna go with that or just get a cam kit and intake for your block and pick some good heads and see where you end up

Something needs to be modified then. I'm running 311 at the rear wheels in a 3,000 lb 280Z with street tires and turning a 12.9@110. The best I've ever gotten is a 2 second 60' which gave me the above run. You should have a .4 advantage on me in weight alone but you should also gain with the slicks. Are you running automatic or manual? What size tires? What ratio differential?

On another thread on this website I believe it is MAS280 had a '95 corvette with an LT1 / 4L60E combination with 320 rwhp running an 11.81 quarter. A 240 at 2500 lbs ought to be able to equal that at 300.

Hi,

Does anybody have 0-60mph or standing kilometre times (which are more commonly used in Europe) for his V8 Z? I still haven't decided to put in a 350 SBC in stead of my 3.1litre stroker (which is fun on the track but not for daily driving). I've just put in an R200 diff, so power shouldn't be an issue.

My goal is to achieve a 5.0sec 0-60 time and standing kilometre in less than 25 seconds.

How much rear wheel horsepower do I need with a Tremec TKO 500 and a R200 3.9 diff with 245/45/16 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 rear tires?

Thanks.