HybridZ

ebay special t70 on zcar?

stephen87

i was browsing ebay for turbos and i ran across the "t70" and it looks like it has a t3 footprint, it is for external wastegate, but i have my manifold modifyed at a machine shop to accept a external wastegate flange..

any way i was wondering how well an l28 would handle it, assuming i put a metal head gasket on, all the neccecary fuel system mods, stand alone etc..

also would it even fit under an N-42 intake? and if this turbo won't work what is the biggest one that would? i am sure it would be "laggy" but i could put a 2 step on, or spray 50 untill it spools..

iam wanting the max hap i can achive on a mega squirt, and an internally stock l28.. there is a member on here, that now has a rb powered z, but on an old set up he dynoed 388 rwhp, on an internally stock l28..

iam not too concerend with daily drivability.. i just want a fast flog car.. her's the link to the turbo..

they are putting them on conqusts and starions and those are only 2.6 I-4..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super-T70-Turbo-w-HKS-Flange-RX7-Civic-IHI_W0QQitemZ8038421270QQcategoryZ33742QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I suggest you just burn the money you were planning to spend on that turbo- atleast that way you will get to see the flames.

I wouldn't recommend an off brand turbo' date=' search here and you'll see how some were just glued together.[/quote']

how is IHI an off brand?

it would spool, eventually.

might fit, might not, but it would cost more then 300 bucks to get it to work right

1. It's not an IHI

2. It's some Chiawan POS that you'll never get parts for.

3. It's not a T70. It has a 60.5mm inducer, the T70 part is very misleading.

4. For a little more you can get a Garrett turbo.

5. The turbine trim is close to a P trim. Yes it will eventually reach full boost but with whatever a/r it comes with but if you want to change the hotside so it will come on sooner, say to a .58, you won't be able to.

6. Yes it has a T3 footprint, that shouldn't matter though as changing to a T4 flange on the stock manifold is not any harder than adding the external wastegate and fabbing the exhaust that will be needed.

I've run one on my 7M-GTE for a few hundred miles, no problems yet, but I do consider it a throw away turbo. If it blows up I'll pick up the pieces and put a name brand one in. The 7M-GTE can get away with a larger turbo than the L28ET though, but I'm sure with a slightly smaller A/R you could get it to work just fine.

The size is more like a T-61

P1010002.JPG

I've heard a lot of bad things about those turbos, on the other hand, a low cost turbo option is the masterpower brand. I'm running one of thier "t70" turbos and am having very good luck with it. Housings are interchangable with turbonetics so you can swap things as needed and the durabilityat this point seems to be fairly good. Just don't buy from turbocalculator.com. I fought very hard to get my money back from them, and suggest you don't spend any money at all with them if you want to actually recieve the items you order.

Guest bastaad525

why even take the risk? If I posted this question and saw so many negative replies, that to me is a sign that this thing is a risk, and any risk with something that will be this expensive and hard to do, is too much risk for me.

It will only be more expensive when you have to do it a second time because you bought cheap parts the first time. Cheap parts are generally cheap for a reason, you get what you pay for.

Cheap parts are generally cheap for a reason, you get what you pay for.[/quote

I have to disagree. SSautochromes wastegates are cheap but I haven't had any problems yet in over 2 years. Tiawan labor is cheap, that doesn't mean the product isn't good though.

J. Soileau RB26zcar, Those turbo pics aren't of the same turbo.

spork, what turbine housing trim will fit? I know the bolts line up on the CC but it is not exactly a P-trim.

Guest bastaad525

See, that's why I said "cheap parts are generally cheap for a reason"... of course, there are true 'good deals' to be had, good parts that can be had for a good price. But whenever I see something selling for far less than what I think it SHOULD be selling for, I presume junk unless/until I can see/hear proof otherwise, usually testimonials from others who have tried said item in question. In this case, enough people are saying 'stay away' that I would rather err on the side of caution, if it were me.