HybridZ

Sbc/ls1/ls2 mounts?

Hey all,I've hung around these forums for about 2 years,but just recently registered,

I am considering a sbc swap into an 88300zxt,and was needing to know if the sb 350,and the ls1 or ls2 used the same mounts and or mounting positions,reason I ask is becuase I have a sbc 350 on hand right now, but later own down the line I would like to move up to an ls1/ls2.

If it would require refabbing of the mounts I will just drop in an ls1/ls2 in the first place.

Glad to be on this very informative site! and thanks!

Later,

Thanks,

I've been reading up and think a 502 might make a good candidate instead of the 350:-D.

Anyone know what vehicle 502's came in?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge,I searched here,and also google,and didnt find exactly what I was looking for.

Plus im not exactly a chevy guy so this is someone new to me:wink:

502 is a crate motor.....396,402,427 and 454's are big blocks that came in cars/trucks from the factory. From what I have read and searched on here you had better do some major frame mods and a cage to handle the size and tourqe of a big block. not worth it IMO.

Then whats the major difference between the engine? bore I take it?

I live in central florida.

400+ horses naturally aspirated sounds pretty inspiring to me:icon44:

Bore and stroke. Heres a page that shows all the different sizes when dealing with bores and strokes. http://www.roadsters.com/bbc/#bore

The thing is that it isnt that hard to make 400+ horses with a naturally aspirated smallblock and not have the weight or size of the big block under the hood. IMO, unless you plan on turning your Z into a track car and tub it out with a tube chassis then the small block is the way to go. Add turbos/nitrous into the mix and a 700+ horse smallblock is not far off either.

I just finished building a big block for my Nova which I traded for my Z and i can tell you prices on aftermarket parts for big block vs small block is substantial. A nice set of aluminum heads for a small block are going to run about $1-1500. Big block aluminum heads dont start complete for under $2000 most of the time.

Ah yes, Evolution of a HybridZcar plan... We went from a 502, to potentially a 500CI to a 454, and tubing the chassis (Of a unibody car :lmao: ) back to reality and the traditional SBC in five short days! :2thumbs:

Sometimes the fun is in watching you guys formulate the plans and educate yourselves along the way! :-)

:lmao:

Mike :cool: