HybridZ

S12W swap doesn't work

I bought S12W calipers from Checker. Got a .5" spacer from ModernMotorsports. Got vented rotors from Autozone. I can't tighten the caliper mounting bolts all the way and the rotor is rubbing against the caliper mounting bolt bosses. I have done searches on various websites and found nothing that compares to my problem.

Just on the outside chance, you are inserting the caliper mounting bolts from the back side? The head of the bolt should insert from the strut side.

Try mounting just the caliper without the rotor. Can't imagine what would prevent you from being able to seat the caliper bolts all the way. You should be able to reuse the same caliper bolts you used with the stock calipers.

You also know that the dust sheild needs to be trimmed for the calipers to fit?

Also try mounting just the rotor/hub without the calipers. There should be plenty of room between the caliper mounting bolt holes on the splindle and the rotor. You did put the spacer between the inside of the hub and the top hat of the rotor? You need longer rotor mounting bolts to make this work.

Alex's picture below also has a wheel spacer on the outside of the hub. Don't confuse that with the .5 inch spacer.

I didn't need a wheel spacer with my swap. A little grinding on the calipers and some on the stock 14 wheels seems to make it all work. I just did this swap on my 240. If it required a different spacer, then I must have gotten lucky when I bought a used set of spacers. worked fine for me.

Excuse me if I said anything you already know. Just throwing out ideas.