HybridZ

Rocker ARM?

cobraz240z

The short answer is --NO--NEVER. Get a new OEM Nissan set(can get from MSA)--that is the best thing to do. These rockers have a special hardened wear area that will destroy your new cam unless new. Or,

you can have your old ones resurfaced by Delta Cams--they have done

this for lots of z cars--below is a link to them--call for a current quote.

It seems like they charge about $4 each, times 16, plus shipping.

http://www.deltacam.com/index.php

I thought there were posts here about resurfacing your rockers with a bit of sandpaper. Personally I've run the same rockers on 3 different cams in my head, never resurfaced them, and it put 200,000 on the original cam, probably 10K on the 2nd, then 30K on the 3rd. 5 seasons of autox, quite a few track days...

I thought there were posts here about resurfacing your rockers with a bit of sandpaper. Personally I've run the same rockers on 3 different cams in my head, never resurfaced them, and it put 200,000 on the original cam, probably 10K on the 2nd, then 30K on the 3rd. 5 seasons of autox, quite a few track days...

Do you think I could get away just sanding them I just the motor for 1 year of daily driving till I could afford the sr20det swap

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=95093&highlight=resurfacing

found it

That wasn't the one I was thinking of. There was a better one that I want to say speeder wrote, or maybe Norm. Anyway, IIRC it had pictures of resurfacing them, or at least a better description. At the time that last thread came up you can see that I was still thinking that there was some magic to resurfacing them due to the curved surface. Later on I read the other thread and figured out how easy it really was.

Ok, BOTH planes have to be EXACTLY parrelell. The tip and the cam face. If there not, you WILL have abnormal wear wich will cause a bad cam lobe and rocker arm. I resurface mine, but I use a jig that I setup for my surface grinder, that keeps both planes EXACTLY parrelell. Using sandpaper with your hand as a guide on your garage floor is not the way to do it, yea it make work for a very skilled person, but I wouldnt advise just anyone to do it.

Guest bigbadzcar99

I just got in touch with Delta Cams and they told me $3.00 each to re-surface my arms, plus $16.00 shipping, but I live on the east coast. To me, this is cheep insurance that my new $200.00 cam will not be destroyed in the first few hundred miles of driving due to improper wear patterns. I am a jet engine mechanic and file on multi-million dollar intake blades on a daily basis and do not trust myself to sand down the rockers by hand, so if you do, more power to you. Just my thoughts.