HybridZ

GTR R33 Brakes front and rear - 240z

basically this is what im looking to do. i realise that the hubs must be changed to skyline but it seems as tho the skyline hub couldnt be more different then the 240z

ihave all calipers (4 spot front, 2 spot rear from R33 GTR), all rotors(R33 GTR), R200 LSD diff(N/A Z32), rear drive shafts (Z32, needs to be modified obviously), but im having trouble finding the correct hub for what i want to do.. any advice or past experience anyone wants to pass on? im at the point where the engine is almost ready to start and brakes have become the focus so i need to get this underway, any help or advice would be great :)

• 3 years later...
ihave all calipers (4 spot front, 2 spot rear from R33 GTR), all rotors(R33 GTR), R200 LSD diff(N/A Z32), rear drive shafts (Z32, needs to be modified obviously), but im having trouble finding the correct hub for what i want to do.. any advice or past experience anyone wants to pass on? im at the point where the engine is almost ready to start and brakes have become the focus so i need to get this underway, any help or advice would be great :-)

did you get anywhere with this?

Fronts are pretty straight forward, you have a few options, first go to Supercheap and purchase yourself a set of Trailor hubs with a Ford Stud Pattern, amazingly pretty much places the hub face where the original Z hub is - but its cast iron from memory, engineer frowns upon this sort of thing, but they are $29.95/each and rated to 500kg's,

Other option is get someone to make you some front hubs, Hoppers Stoppers in Melbourne will make you whatever offset hub you like out of Chromoly for $450AUD/Pair,

Rotors are easy, just advise the people making your hubs what centre hole, bolt to or floating etc, style rotor you have - at Hoppers they sell Hubs for $400 for the Z which are specifically mated to the BA Ford Rotor, 298x28mm, which can be used with the 30mm 4-Spot Sumintono's, not the 32mm GTR ones though!

Then you will need some form of caliper mounting bracket which will adapt the Sumitono's (or Brembo's, cant remember which is on the GTR) to the Z's cailper mounting ears,

Another option open to you would be to use something like this that Baz at Datsport sells, uses a 63mm ID spring, just change the spring hat and slap it into your car (my brother has a 1600 and these R31 struts used in this kit is literally identical to the earlier 240z strut tubes :-))!!!

http://www.datsport.com/R32_CODS.html

Rears are quite a bit trickier, well to use R32 gear, they have an internal drum style handbrake which sits underneath the rotor hat, unless you go to a completely different style of rear suspension housing this isn't an easy option to pursue! mainly because it's quite difficult to stuff that stuff onto the original stub axle and rear strut housing!

In regards to the R32 diff and axles, that is more or less a bolt in using gear sold by folks like Ross at Modern-Motorsport, he can sell you axles, diff mountings and custom companion flanges to stuff all of that gear into your Z,

that is awesome, thanks for all that info, i had just finished reading your posts about the trailer hubs :)

i had been looking at coilovers as well as the 5 stud conversion and larger brakes, so the datsport kit may work out to be better cost wise.. i have been stung before in thousands of dollars of "custom" labour, so i would prefer to stick to kits etc. this time around.

it looks like datsport uses the noltec coilover sleeves etc.

i have also been looking into the T3 Z32 rear end which hopefully will make the Z32 rears easy (maybe with an S15 R200 instead of the R230)