HybridZ

16x8 rims in 4x114.3

Guest zfan

Looking for rims for the Z. I have Konig Monsoons 16x7 up front and 17x7 out back along with Diamond racing 15x8 rims for my slicks. Now I need to find a wider rim to support more tire underneath.

Does anyone know of a rim manufacturer that makes a 16x8 in our 4 lug size? ATS is long gone back to Germany so they are not an option. If worse comes to worse I will run the damn diamond racing 16x8's all the way around and sell my Konigs and adapters.

What a pain in the ***!

Thanks

Mike

I'm sure I saw 16x8's listed for Z's with coilovers on centerline's site two or three weeks ago. I went back recently and they aren't listed any more. And I could swear that the prices have gone up dramatically in just a few weeks.

Another option would be Volks or Gram Lights. They have some options in 16x8 with the right bolt pattern. You'd have to run spacers to correct the offset though...

I know Center Line isn't everyone's favorite but so far mine have performed well and were a good deal when I got my 16x7's several years ago. The new forged wheels they have out a much better but also more expensive. Generally $$$ talk. If you can find a wheel in a width and the offset that you like and they offer another one with the right bolt pattern then I'd call them and see what a "custom" set would cost.

Mike - what tires are you planning on running on the 16x8's? Heard from Gary McPhail lately?

Yeah, if you can live with Centerline's designs, look at their wheel deals page. I got a set of 4 16" x 8" rims in their billet series for just over $400. I picked them up, so I didn't have to pay for shipping, but I did have to pay the 8% CA tax......

http://www.centerlinewheels.com/wheel_deals_list.php

Bill,

No I have not seen or heard from Gary in a long time. I will be running 255/50-16 Mickey Thompson drag radials and hope they hook up decent. My Z will not hook up at all on the street even with 235/60-15 BFG drag radials at 16 psi.

Makes you wonder what the real high hp Zcars are doing for traction? I looked at the Centerlines the other day and just about fainted as their prices have sky rocketed.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys!

Mark,

My friend has a set of those exact wheels but I never ventured in that direction because I thought he said they only made a 5 lug version. I will check them out.

Mike

Thanks Guys!

Mark' date='

My friend has a set of those exact wheels but I never ventured in that direction because I thought he said they only made a 5 lug version. I will check them out.

Mike[/quote']

Hey Mike,

Most people get the 5 lug, but the wheels are made as blanks with 4 and 5 lug ready to be machined. So if you order the 4 lug that is what gets machined and if you were to order the 5 lug that is the same process.