HybridZ

what tranny to use on new turbo project.

rwdawg2

i have a L6 280zx turbo project i am just starting.

i am hopeing for about 300 or more rwhp.

so my delima is (i have searched and gotten mixed feelings) what tranny to use. USE 280zx t5, n/a tranny, or try and do some sort of expensive @$$ swap.

please feel free to post your opinions and personal experiences.

thanks guys and girls if they are on here.

yeah that sounds pretty cool and i know a guy that imports alot of jdm stuff so that should work.

i am just concerned about the fact that the l6 has a ton more torque than the baby sr20.

so if anyone has any better ideas or agree please.........please let me know.

thanks

Guest 73Turbo240z

best suggestion, keep it under 15psi and avoid standing starts...

i killed an N/A five speed ZX trans which is regarded to be pretty good, doing street launches (was my 1st real launch ever on that trans) with a 195 width all season tire, and i still dusted 1st bad...

like it's been said in other threads, power doesn't kill transmissions, traction kills transmissions.

thanks again guys

i am just looking for 300 or a little more and was just a little worried about going through trannies and spending more money and a lot of trannies when i could just get on good one

but 73turbo240z i love your car and your videos and your buddy from TX also says in a few other threads that the n/a transmissions are great so i guess that is what i will do for now.

i guess the best way to learn is by experience so thanks

i've heard the good and the bad about the T5's and i just don't know if it is worth buying a new tranny when i got a perfectly good N/A tranny sittin' around.

so i guess the z32 thing still hasn't fallen through or has it?