HybridZ

Does this make me Hybrid ig'nant?

Zhadman

Being a HybridZ member I pride myself on being pretty swap friendly. I have my own opinions, naturally, and there have been times where I've had to turn on my WTF-Face and turn OFF my WTF-Fingers. Just because I won't do it doesn't mean someone else shouldn't! Now, that being said...

I was cruising the internet today trying to find some pics of Chris Forsbergs new ride. It's a 350Z vert powered by a VK56. Alot of the work is being done by LS Automotive (http://www.LSauto.com) and it's pretty spiffy-neat-o. Here's a pic:

vk3507pb.jpg

During my search I came a across this post:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t318550-engine_swaps_we_like_and_hate_.html

While reading throught the post I found something that really bothered me and I can't turn my WTF-Fingers off!

What I would like to see though is a lowered Titan with an SR20.

I don't know what bothers me more... the above statement... or my horrified reaction (which I'm not ready to discuss).

Am I but a hypocrite in Hybrid clothing? :D

There was a real assclown working with me at a dealer once who wouldn't shutup about how his B2000 was the fastest truck on the road. N/A 2.0L Mazduh. He lowered it so far that the suspension was scraping the ground and he threw sparks where ever he went.

Some people are just too dumb to deserve the ability to speak.

Needs a box of uncle bens long grain diplayed in front of it. :icon45:

Errr... it's a drift car (Formula D / D1) and is heavily sponsored. It's supposed to look like that and it is not intended for street use. If it was an 89 Honda Accord I would agree with you. But it aint!

That is one ugly car! Diggin the hybrid............I guess (I know nothing bout that motor) but the car itself makes me want to vomit. Needs a box of uncle bens long grain diplayed in front of it. :icon45:

haha, the only engine codes I've ever figured out is the L28 and I know that a "t" or two "t's" means it's turboed..... (Chevy guys only know engines by their displacement I guess)

Errr... it's a drift car (Formula D / D1) and is heavily sponsored. It's supposed to look like that and it is not intended for street use. If it was an 89 Honda Accord I would agree with you. But it aint!

Drifting eh? Still looks riced out to all hell. Just not much into sport compact and all that but whatever floats your boat right?

I think it's one of the better wide bodies I've seen for a 350z.

The beuty of the SR20 = it's small, highly boostable, and affordable making it one of the best options for any 4 cylinder application, especially when space is limited.

So why put a low tourqe small motor in a BIG vehicle. Ok, show (or WOW) factor might be something, but any street concern is a joke. Sure, you can do it and make a fast truck, but why? You can't tow anything with it...

Oh, and that's a big intake on the 350z. I wonder what the pan setup looks like. Motor looks really low in the bay.

I had a dream last night that I took my 350 out and put a SR25 (SR20 bored and stroked to 2.5L if that's even possible). Then I was holding a turbo that looked like it came off a diesel truck. Somehow I was going to rebuild the top end to handle 10k minimum and in my dream I was looking to put out the same horsepowe and torque of my V8 but double the gas mileage. when I looked at my engine it had a smaller turbo already on it. So maybe I was thinking twin turbo. SR25TT?

In reality, I'm not sure if my .5 6th would still be my cruzing gear on the freeway after that swap. then again, it might be able to tug it along. I bet I wouldn't get much boost at 1500rpm with a turbo that looked like it would start kicking in at 6k.

In my dream I was in some sort of school and the instructor gave me the turbo. Wierd. It got me thinking though. Maybe my next project will be TT, I kind of like the idea of having a doube sleeper, looking like a sleeper on the outside and under the hood a small 4 cyl but still kick a**.