HybridZ

Aftermarket frame rails = paper thin?

TheNeedForZ

I was about to order frame rails(the rails in the engine bay) from Zed Findings but from the photo it looks like the sheet metal is very thin. Has any one used their frame rails before?

I know Bad Dog parts have them as well, but the description says "for 75~78 280Z". The frame rails will go into a 260Z so I dunno if the bad dog ones will fit.

Thanks

The Zed Findings rails are quite a bit thicker than stock.

Not sure since I've never seen any of Bad Dogs parts, but I'd say they are about the same thickness.

I've got some OEM frame rails, and they are paper thin compared to Charlie's ZF rails.

I just received set of the Bad Dog rails to evaluate this past week and I can tell you guys that there was an amazing amount of thought put into the construction of these parts. They effectively are stamped out of 1/8th inch steel sheet and are made such that you can manipulate them as needed without losing the integrity of the rail design.

I'm going to be taking some detailed pics of these, but on first look, these parts are VERY impressive. I'd love to install them on a car so I can get a better idea of the actual install process vs. doing a rail design like Pete Paraskas. :2thumbs:

Mike :cool: