HybridZ

Does this look normal or modified

Mike Rowe

Sorry guys but this new 240Z I have just bought, I'm not sure what diff it has. I've never seen a R180 vs an R200 so am not sure what I have. The guy I bought it off, said it was a 4.1 ratio. Someone today told me that the 4.1 ratio was not available in a 240Z, and that maybe I had a Skyline diff? The car has got rear discs fitted and I have tried inserting pics without success - thought I had this worked out at last! Shows photo in message when I lanch the message or edit & save it keeps coming up as below?

240Z driveshaft8.jpg

Sorry guys but this new 240Z I have just bought' date=' I'm not sure what diff it has. I've never seen a R180 vs an R200 so am not sure what I have. The guy I bought it off, said it was a 4.1 ratio. Someone today told me that the 4.1 ratio was not available in a 240Z, and that maybe I had a Skyline diff? The car has got rear discs fitted and I have tried inserting pics without success - thought I had this worked out at last! Shows photo in message when I lanch the message or edit & save it keeps coming up as below?

[img']http://forums.hybridz.org/d:/seats/240Z driveshaft8.jpg[/img]

Picture link isn't working.

None of the Z's ever came with that tall a gearing stock. And it's pretty hard to tell if it's a R180 or R200 by just looking at them. The easiest way to find out what your ratio is would be to take of the cover, and look for the #'s stamped on the side of the ring gear. Then divide the #'s.

None of the Z's ever came with that tall a gearing stock. And it's pretty hard to tell if it's a R180 or R200 by just looking at them. The easiest way to find out what your ratio is would be to take of the cover, and look for the #'s stamped on the side of the ring gear. Then divide the #'s.

have you ever had a R180 sitting next to or near a R200, it is easy to spot the difference. R200 is much squarer looking from behind, where as the R180 is narrower and much more like a rectange.

have you ever had a R180 sitting next to or near a R200, it is easy to spot the difference. R200 is much squarer looking from behind, where as the R180 is narrower and much more like a rectange.

I should have specified that you can't tell the difference without having them next to each other. The R200 is also physically larger than the 180.