HybridZ

Question for the turbo guys

AK-Z

Hey,

Im running a generic i/c too, made in china or somewhere over there. Bar and plate made by "turbo xs". I like mine, the welds are beautiful, seems to be good quality. But that only goes for chiwanese intercoolers, anything with moving parts is junk!

i/c 24"x12"x4"

Picture_087.sized.jpgPicture_083.sized.jpg

I had to modify the endtanks to get the i/c to fit, pretty easy to do, just chop the stock spouts off and cut up some aluminum mandrels, i used 2.75" aluminum mandrels as they slide into the outlet great for welding and also fint through the stock air vent holes. I got the i/c for 180 bucks, and then spent about 60 bucks on the mandrels for the outlets.

zguy36,

I was sure this was already in a post but I can't find it. So:

enginebay-gt35_141.jpg

Yes the turbo is braced. I can undo the bolts to the manifold and the turbo sits in place. But it can still move forwards and backwards to allow for heat expansion in the headers.

Not a readily available manifold, once off custom job built entirely by previous owner. Wish it had been my idea. Oh well.

Dave

zguy36' date='

I was sure this was already in a post but I can't find it. So:

[img']http://ozdat.com/forum/files/enginebay-gt35_141.jpg[/img]

Yes the turbo is braced. I can undo the bolts to the manifold and the turbo sits in place. But it can still move forwards and backwards to allow for heat expansion in the headers.

Not a readily available manifold, once off custom job built entirely by previous owner. Wish it had been my idea. Oh well.

Dave

They needed some turbo mounting 101 class. Poor angle on the turbo. If it doesn't smoke I'm sure the front bearing and thrust washer will go after a short time.