HybridZ

TRACK TIMES, Holset turbo with megasquirt

Thumper

I decidecd to run to the local 1/4 mile track last night. I got there fine then right as I was getting ready to go down the track something went wrong on my z. 3hrs later I found out my rotor screw came loose :( Took me so long because I was still getting spark to all 6 cylinders because the rotor was still turning just slower than the rest of engine. Oh well. Then they found a grove on the track 30 minutes to fix that, and then somebody blew there tranny 20 minutes to fix that.

So all in all I got three runs in. First one I was at 12psi, I babied it off the line, and missed second big time (I have never before ever missed 2nd, I have missed third but not second). 13.740@109.22 My 280zx turbo at 20psi ran a 12.7@107mph so I was shocked at that mph. Second run I was at 17psi, I bogged if off the line, my foot slipped off the clutch (another first I was probably frustrated because my car broke and the track kept getting messed up) 13.256@112.78 Ok the last run I calm myself down. I up the boost too 19psi creeping to 21psi. I launch and bog alittle then spin.

60 ... 2.195

330' ... 5.580

1/8 ... 8.277

MPH ... 92.89

1000 ... 10.580

1/4 ... 12.508

MPH ... 117.26:flamedevi

I have lots of work on launching this thing. First time for me at the track with this car. But wow with that mph I think I can hit 11's if I can get the 60's down to 1.999 Or put some drag radials and get too 1.8

The car weighed 2520 without me in it and 2670 with me. It had 10 gallons of gas in it. I was running 5000 mile old 225/60 bfgoodrich G-force Sports on the stock turbo rim 15x6. Now I need a better head, cam, and bigger injectors, more boost and I should have an extra 40-50hp. Can't wait.

Thanks guys. She has been driving great for the last 2 weeks so I had to see what she will run. I will be going back in the next week or so to get my low 12.

240hoke, with your mods you should be in the 11's with traction no problem I am on a stock bottom end with only a metal head gasket.

Materchan, http://www.obsidiansales.com/turbo/turbo.htm if he has any left he sells them for $225 plus shipping. http://www.obsidiansales.com/

Guest 73Turbo240z

good times, now we'll have to see if you can defend it against my car...

lol odd's are i'll cut better 60's and you'll pull a better MPH, at least untill we tweak the lifters...

what PSI were you running the street tires on? and which lane were you using?

Awesome dude!!

117 is cookin'

As yo have already heard' date=' work on the launch and 11's are right around the corner!!

You still bringing it to SEZ?[/quote']

Thanks. Unfortunately I will not be able too make it to SEZ. Money problems and my girlfriend won't let me borrow any more money.:icon56: All said and done it would have cost me atleast $350. Damn and I was REALLY looking forward to it this yr.

A big congrats on those times, get a set of drag slicks and you'll be running 11's easy.. just one question, maybe I missed it somewhere but wasn't someone gonna do a write up on swapping to the Holset turbo? I am very interested in what exactly is required to make that turbo work on a L28. I assume SOME modifications are needed? Some pics would be awsome!

Guest 73Turbo240z
A big congrats on those times, get a set of drag slicks and you'll be running 11's easy.. just one question, maybe I missed it somewhere but wasn't someone gonna do a write up on swapping to the Holset turbo? I am very interested in what exactly is required to make that turbo work on a L28. I assume SOME modifications are needed? Some pics would be awsome!

i can do the write up no problem then again i'm also considering offering ready made kits to take the guess work out of it... you never realize how many little things there are to source in a build untill you have to debug it lol.