HybridZ

Opinions on the restoration(BE NICE)

Guest BiltWel

Do you like it?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

• No you should have built a go cart!!
    • yes I'd trade my wife for it!!

The picture are a bit dark, so it's hard to get a good idea about the body work.

I don't care for the glittery paint.

I don't care for the front spoiler/dam.

It needs a front bumper or a different air-dam. Front looks incomlete.

Engine install looks good except, as said before, it could use some wire looms.

I don't like blacked-out chrome on black cars. (my Z is the same)

Needs different side mirror(s).

I like the shaved rear-end. It'll look awesome with tail-pipes.

As Corzette said, the air filter should run to the front of the radiator.

Guest BiltWel

Honestley it has never seen the sunlight except when setting and rising through my shop doors so I am not sure I will like the paint it may be a bit much. I plan on removing the ducts for the fresh air intakes so that should solve the heat problem. I agree the front does look incomplete now, plans are for a tube grill after the mechanicals are done, I'm going chrome on it I think I may paint it though. As far as the chrome you must have thought it had a windshield in it but that's not done yet all the chrome except for the side molding is intact I agree on the blacked out chrome I hate the monochrome look. Oh yeah and loom is on the list. As for the mirrors I just liked the classy look of one mirror and giant balls lol. The front dam stays for sure way too much time in that thing to do away with. Nice ride by the way!!

I think the overall car looks good, but>

I'd loose that homeplate resonator that came with the Caprice LT1. The engine bay will look much better without it. I put a regulation hockey puck in the hole, sealed it right up. As stated before, route the intake through the radiator core support so the air filter is in front of the radiator. I was able to retain the freash air intake scoops and get the intake routed to the front. If you remove those fresh air scoops then you'll really want to plug the holes leading to the interior, otherwise hot air from the engine bay ends up in the car.

I'd also look at moving the wire bundle on the front left head further away from the header, even with loom on it you risk melting it into one big glob.

Wheelman

Guest BiltWel

I hear ya on the needing an outside pic wingnut and thanks for the compliment. As soon as I get the underside wrapped up I'll put a new post up of some outside pics. Can't wait to see it outside myself it's been in the shop for a year and has never seen sunlight. I will think on moving that intake too wheelman and also thanks for the kind words(the homeplate is gone for sure, already read a post about the hockey puck thing I may just get a new elbow in though. If I were building it for myself I'd probley throw a puck in it, but I hate having someone else driving around saying "look he put a hockey puck in there" )I may leave that for the next owner to do(gotta leave them somthin to upgrade)(Before you ream me about selling it I have to put an addition on my house 3 kids+3 bedrooms= no sex for me) plus my youngest is getting old enough to need her own room. I was concerned about those ducts leading inside also thanks for confirming that fear for me I may just leave em in for now. Also just to poke fun at you a little where is the rear left head. lol. J/K I know it was probley a typo but I got a giggle out of it.

Also just to poke fun at you a little where is the rear left head. lol. J/K I know it was probley a typo but I got a giggle out of it.

What I was really trying to say was "the front of the left head".

I guess I should proof read my posts a little better. :-D

I hear what you're saying about the hockey puck, I debated with myself about doing it but decided I'd rather save the $70.00 to $100.00 for something else and spend $5.00 to plug the hole.

Wheelman

Guest BiltWel

I hear ya there, like I said if it was to be mine then I'd hockey puck the thing but when it's goin out the door I'm not comfy with it.