HybridZ

Got my RB25DET, Going in '88 Z31

Racinjitter

OK i got back to work on the car today, but didnt get much done. I found the 10mm line nuts that I needed at the local dealership. So I then made the new clutch line from the master directly to the flex line on the slave.

Pic...

IMG_2165.jpg

Tomarrow I plan on setting the engine for the final time along with the tranny. Updates will come regularly and more frequently in the next few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Yea, I did get the parts car, However I have been out of the country and will be back on monday. I also decided to re-build the car and do a comparison VG vs RB, debating all aspects of build up, driveability, price comparison and fun. You can have my old front hubs that are five lug off of my 88 however. I think there are a few z31's in the junkyards around here that I can source rear hubs. LMK

How is that VG vs RB comparison going?

Great looking car too!!

How is that VG vs RB comparison going?

Great looking car too!!

Well as of yet, I havent even finished my RB build. As soon as I finish the RB build I will start the VG build. I am about a month away from driving the RB car, as long as there arent any hiccups. I dont plan on having the comparison sheets complete for at least a year. A lot of the same parts will be on both cars also. I just picked up a whole slew of poly parts and new race springs for the RB car, should be installed in about a week. Once I am back in Michigan permanently things should start happening very fast.

Thanks for the compliments on the car, it keeps me motivated.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
Any news on the RB30?

The shiro is looking great btw

LOL, Nah... I haven't had time to get back to work on the black car in a while. Maybe this spring I will be able to get the engine all together. I am thinking about a sequential turbo setup for the rb30.

Thanks! The shiro is the reason why the black car is not progressing as of late. I may even borrow some parts from the RB build for the shiro... Which I don't want to do.