HybridZ

Help me pick some Tires

Well, I've got one mock-up done....16x7 gunmetal Panasports, AZC 4 lug brakes, MMS coilovers with 8inch sleeves. I was hoping to run 245's, and I think I have plenty room, but with my choice of 7 inch wide rims, my tire options for going wide are limited. Do you think 245/45-16's will be good, or is that pushing it on 7 inch Panasports? Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Coilover1_thumb.jpg

rims1_thumb.jpg

coilover2_thumb.jpg

What is the offset (or back-spacing on these wheels), or do you have a spacer between the wheel and the hub?

In looking at the gap between the strut and the rim, it appears to my eye that the wheel may too far outboard, and I wonder if the outside lip (on a 7" wheel) and tire secton will clear the OEM fender lip. Are you using flares or aftermarket bodywork?

It's just a stock Panasport, with no spacers..whatever offset they are (0 I thought).hopefully there won't be any issues that require fender mods. If so I'll have some wheels (and now tires) for sale. I went with Kumho ECSTA MX 225/WR50-16's. The local tire shop was willing to price match with "TireRack", so that was cool. They should arrive in time for the weekend, and then I can see how close to the fender they will be.

The only reason I posted the above question was that I had 8" wheels (which would only be 1/2" wider on each side verses your wheels) with zero offset. I only had about 1/2" between the OEM strut tube (I had stock springs on it, but that should not make any difference in this case) and the wheel's rim. With 245/45ZR16 tires, I had a pinkie's width between the strut and the tire, and the fender and the tire. Being my wheels were so much closer to the strut than what the above photo shows yours to be, I was concerned that perhaps your wheels were spaced outward so much so that fender rub would occur. Perhaps my memory is not as good as I hoped!