HybridZ

got my hotrod (err soon to be) home last night!

Some-Guy

There are several reasons it took me 11 years to build my Z. A large part of the time was spent fixing rust all over the car, about as bad as Mull's car. I didn't know how to weld or have a shop full of talented guys and tools like Mull had.

On factor is how depressing it is to work on a car with rust, at least for me. I would get quite frustrated while fixing rust, and not go back into the garage for a while due to it.

I know you say you don't have a lot of money, but that project will nickel and dime you to death. It would be better to save and get a shell from Arizona or something, IMO.

Just speaking from experience....

Seems the the majority agree that rust repair is a waste of valuable resources. Consider this. While saving a continuing to search for a "better" car. Begin dismanteling the one you have. Go ahead and pull the entire rearend, replace all the bushings lower control arms etc, clean it and paint it and place aside. If you're going to use the I-6 pull it too same thing clean rebuild/re-ring the engine. These things will keep you moving forward and keep you interested in the car. Just work on the "parts" so when you do find a car worth building you'll have all the parts ready to go on the car.

Just another idea. As Pete said it will nickel and dime you to death. These cars will do that anyway (did to me anyhow).

Good luck.

Basically I think thats what iam going to do after sifting through most of the car.. Iam goona get it running drive it for a while i think.. I think iam going to look for one with less rust. even tho I dont really mind rust repair all that much and I get free sheet metal.

Ill have to see how it goes Like I need to find a new garage then ill probly strip it down to just a shell and see where to go from there. And its a respray that was poorly done to the yellow they didnt tape of anything. but the windows I kinda like it too my wife says if I start driving it has to goto a diffrent colour hehe

Guest TegRacer324

Wow a car that may be worse than mine. It's close, but I think yours takes the cake. Oh wait yours at least has a gas tank. You win. Haha

well i Got it to fire up for around 30 seconds then it just slowly died not sure whats going on has good spark turns over nicely and is getting fuel... any ideas?

If its been sitting a long while prolly has water in the lines and or tank etc...drain the tank, blow out the fuel lines, replace the filter, clean out the pump etc and give her another go....IMHO

Terry