HybridZ

Bad Dog 240z Frame Rails/SFC

Guest el240z

Guest el240z

Hey, guys I just finished emailing John at Bad Dods, and they have the 240z Frame Rail/Sub Frame Connectors finally out. I have a few pictures of the finish product that John emailed me, so I thought you guys might want a look. $235.00 Shipped to the lower 48 states, seems like I'll be getting a pair. Whats your opinions on this product? Seems like a good solution to not cutting up your exsisting rails and still getting SFCs out of it.

El

240fullrear.jpg

240fullrailsfrt2.jpg

240fullrailsfrt.jpg

240fullfront.jpg

I like em. Saved me a lot of hassle trying to cut tubes to the right length and angle, and I also like that they don't hang down very far below the floor, since the stock rails on my car were pretty scraped up I assumed that losing another inch of clearance there would be a bad thing.

I modified mine quite a bit because of my TC rod relocation project, but you might get some useful info out of that thread. I've linked to the page that has the most to do with the SFC's. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=106974&page=2

Yeah they are great. I just had mine welded on. Only thing is that my floor wasn't straight due to previous owners jacking it up on the floor...so the stockrails and the parts from John were not lining up. Fix that problem by heating the rails up with a torch and alil massage from a hammer to get them closer to stock rails to weld them on. I also got the jackplates and I think are a good investment also....

evilc do you have any pics of the rails and jack plates installed. i would love to see how they look on the car as i'm leaning towards the same setup to strengthen my frame and i'd rather not buckle the new rails by jacking up on the frame.

The jack plates are so you can get one side of the car up at once.Just makes it easyer if your swapping on some race tires. The added benefit is that you also get a solid jacking location that can be reached without having to lay on the ground to find it.

evilc do you have any pics of the rails and jack plates installed. i would love to see how they look on the car as i'm leaning towards the same setup to strengthen my frame and i'd rather not buckle the new rails by jacking up on the frame.

I do not have pics yet, but will try and get some by next week.