HybridZ

Which is better for wideband?

Guest 280ZForce

I'm not fimiliar with the AEM unit but I do have the LM-1 with the rpm converter. In my opinion the best way to use the wideband is to log the data during your runs and analyze it later. This is most useful when you are logging other inputs as well (rpm, boost, afm/map voltage). This is the only way you can really see whats going on with your motor and ecu which is the whole point of having a wideband. Looking at a gauge while you are shooting down a road isnt a safe or accurate way to monitor your AFRs. Anyway, my point is that which ever unit you get should have good logging functions and good software. I dont know about the AEM but I do know the LM-1 has both.

I've been using Techedge (http://wbo2.com/) for the past couple of years, and I've built a couple of kits for some other people as well. They work great, and they have lots of different configuration options. Having a seperate display is really handy if you want to permanently mount the unit. I have my display tucked in the corner of my windshield, and the controller is under the dash. If you can solder, and know something about electronics, it was the best bang for the buck I could find ($300CDN complete with sensor and display and full dataloging). But they sell everything pre-assembled too.

Nigel

'73 240ZT