HybridZ

Skyline R33 Tail Lights ???????????? Help Quick

Guest 1972_240z

Guest 1972_240z

Sup Guys,

Found these r33 taillights on ebay and seem too look like they will fit the 240z with very little modification. You could use and cut just the stand 240z tail light bracket?

what do you guys think. like these lights ?

P1010033.JPG

or what about these silvia lights ???

a1_1.JPG

Guest 1972_240z
2nd pair are r32 skyline lights, not silvia lights. silvia lights would be exactly the same as US market 240sx lights.

who cares, u still didn't answer my question.

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3252&cat=500&ppuser=3241

that car has r32 lights in it, i'm sure r33 lights would be possible also, but i dont think you'd be able to use the indicator or reverse lights as they curve off to much and also would make the circles not in the centre of the panel.

for the lights i've got i cut into some stock light housing, u've just gotta watch out for the depth of the lights, but this is where a dremel comes in handy! i've still got to cut the peice of metal between the holes for the reverse and brakes likes in my car though

back_124.jpg

i was going to buy some r34 lights just to see if htey'd be easier to use than the ones i had but the seller couldn't be bothered taking a photo from the top of them and of the back so i could see if i should waste money on them, although they would look nice sitting in my room next to my e46 headlights and r33 4 door lights hehe

are the lights really expensive in america? here you can pick most of them up for for $100

1972_240Z,

What, exactly, is your question?

what do you guys think. like these lights ?

Do you want to know if we like them? That's personal opinion. If YOU like them... then do it.

You could use and cut just the stand 240z tail light bracket?

Huh?

I don't think that the housings could be used and integrated with 'very little modification'. You MAY be able to remove the actual lights/lenses and fabricate a panel that would replace the original 240 tails. Trying to adapt the housings may end up being fairly labor intensive. If you have the skills, the time, and the desire... go for it! Would definately be a new look.

who cares, u still didn't answer my question.

That's not cool, man. He was just trying to explain that those lights are from an R32. YOU should care... so that YOU can get exactly what YOU are looking for.

I can tell you from experiance.. it is not an easy fit, you have to think it over at test fit before you cut, but it is rewarding!

Z_ZX-club-kofferbakverkoop-11.jpg

The problem is that a r32 and r32 tail is slightly rounded, making what you see in the picture being the OEM left tail sitting on the right! and vise versa

I was planning on going for r33 lights to, but the indicator and back up lights are bent aswel so you need to either cut them or figures somthing else out

i would go with the r32 lights and they can look real good in a s30 ( IMHO)

for people that dont have classic zcar account here is one pic of this fine car !

3241Primed2.jpg

why not you have to make a plate in the shape of the OEM lights ( the r32 would allmost fit in that the cover plate would have to be <1" bigger )

I thought of that too but i wanted to smoothen it in .. more like the modenas

Guest 1972_240z

you have any pics of the modenas ? Yeah, i was thinking that the r32 look like a pretty damn good fit. any other good easy tail light swap suggestions ?

The r34 GTS lights are fairly easy, BUT IMHO would look off place in a s30 (not s130) I would look at some r32 or r34..

Actually to go in true Hybrid spirit ... whatever floats your boat can be fit in with some skill and a visionary view

a1_1.JPG

I have some of these, but not (yet) mounted on the back. To actually mount these assemblies you'll have to do some modification to the metal behind the taillights after removing the meatl plates/trim holding in the original lights. There is no way to easily do this without some kind of modifications somewhere.

I like the look of the entire R32 assembly so my thought is to incorporate them as defined units into a fiberglass surround. The lights themselves are not very big and kind of get lost in a flat fiberglass panel, so keeping the assembly intact would look better IMO. It will be a while before I ever do this, but I have it in my head!

Davy

you can see from my quality trail basla wooding fabrication what needs to be cut out :D

cut_186.jpg

i reakon they are going to look nice as they stick out instead of being recessed, and i dont have to worry about where to put the reverse light

rear_157.jpg

dodgy photoshop but you get the idea, i'm tempted to just not bother and get 240z lights instead, or to go and get an s15 gt spoiler too, which i reakon would look pretty sweet on the back of a zed

Guest ON3GO

im gonna get some R32 lights in the next few weeks for one of my Z's..

i dunno how ill mount them or use them but i have a few ideas.

i was also looking into 240sx lights but im not too sure..

mike