HybridZ

Vintage Air Install Completed

Bartman

I finished the wiring and I brought my car in this morning to have the system evacuated, oil added, pressure tested and charged up. I was on pins and needles waiting for a call from my mechanic (hoping he would say it was done...not that it wouldn't hold pressure or something wasn't working correctly). Well I got the call, and it was to say that I now have a Z that blows cold air!

I will post up some pic's in a couple of days, but if you have any specific items you want to see just let me know. It was a lot of work, but I think it will be worth it when the temperatures start creeping upwards.

I guess now I'll have to dive into the bodywork...I've run out of other tasks and excuses.

I finished the wiring and I brought my car in this morning to have the system evacuated' date=' oil added, pressure tested and charged up. I was on pins and needles waiting for a call from my mechanic (hoping he would say it was done...not that it wouldn't hold pressure or something wasn't working correctly). Well I got the call, and it was to say that I now have a Z that blows cold air!

I will post up some pic's in a couple of days, but if you have any specific items you want to see just let me know. It was a lot of work, but I think it will be worth it when the temperatures start creeping upwards.

I guess now I'll have to dive into the bodywork...I've run out of other tasks and excuses.[/quote']

That is awesome Bartman. I know you will be chillin' in July. Congrats. I can't wait to see some more pics.

My dash is going back in this week. I just finished the EL gauge install so we can get it all back together and on the road in time for the nice weather.

I don't know if you saw my other post, but I installed my EL gauges at the same time as well (waiting for another water temp/oil press gauge before I install that face).

DSCF2505.JPG

It was pretty light outside when I took this picture, I think they look even better at night.

I don't know if you saw my other post' date=' but I installed my EL gauges at the same time as well (waiting for another water temp/oil press gauge before I install that face).

[img']http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/medium/DSCF2505.JPG[/img]

It was pretty light outside when I took this picture, I think they look even better at night.

Yes. I saw it. Looks great. I can't wait to see mine. I went with the stock look (black dials with white numbers)

Hey Bartman' date='

I'd like to know what kit you used, what you had to chop etc.

See ya at MSA later this month?

Owen[/quote']Hey Owen,

I used the Vintage Air GEN II Mini and there really wasn't any chopping required. I can talk to you at MSA; but since it looks like I blew a head gasket last weekend, I will be without my car again.:shock: