HybridZ

Yes Finally!!!

zguy95135

I finally got my driver's liscense today! Took the test and passed, that was a nerve wracking 10 minutes... Thank god, finally! Now I get to drive around and I dont have to walk home from school anymore :), I get to drive my dad's '78 2+2 since my Z isnt driveable at all right now.

YES!

cool...I got my Z the day before I turned 16...we drug it home 1/2 mile with a rope...now it is up on jackstands very much disimboweled.

here is the pic when we were about to leave the guy's house.

what you don't see is that it had $1500 paint job...well about $1200 of bondo and $300 of paint...lol I know almost nothing about mechanical stuff in cars. I am now driving that FoundOnRoadDead Exploder...it also has black wheels now...

w10307587.jpg

*Edit* get yourself an extra mirror to mount on tha passenger visor to give you a better view in the HUGE blind spot. Good luck with your Z dude. You are actually further along on your Z than I am but I have had many expenses...paying my own insurance...etc...I am finaly getting to the fun stuff.

I too know that feeling. I had completely rewired all of the lights and horn, replaced the struts and rear brakes, and swapped in a new steering rack in my z before I got my liscence. was quite a good feeling to have it on the road for the first time. Ahh i havent driven my car in such a long time. Anyone got a nissan 5spd they wanna sell me haha.

Too bad you live so far away, I've got a 5 spd but I don't think it would fit it's off a vg30.

Well - if its a Nissan FS5W71C, and not the T-5...and your into HybridZ...there is a way:

http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/240sxtransmissioninstall/index.html

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=98875&highlight=KA+speed

Someone was selling the S30 front section pre-machined on eBAY a while back, a race shop in CA will modify your old one too.