HybridZ

Rolling fenders...

Guest ON3GO

I am running 17x8.5 rotas with +4 offset and 245/45/17's on my 71 and I clear the lips(after some trim work) but I bottom out on the curvature of the well above the lip. I don't see anyway around this but to ZG flare the car-unless someone has a suggestion. The tire sidewall just barely rubbs the inside of the well with my 1" lowering springs, but the sound is unnerving.

actually seen that on a few cars. i've found a very good solution is to use adjustable or larger bumpstops.

basically you limit the travel of the suspension so it never comes close to rubbing, the euro guys have been using them for years

Edited by tonys18t

I am running bump stops now, but not LARGER ones you speak of. I am also needing to check alignment and will consider camber to eliminate the rubb. If all it involved was slotting the holes topside to tilt the tire in and clear, that would be cool.

Limiting travel to 1" lowering springs might mean a lot of bottoming out-is that a concern?

The plan stands that if someone will buy my fiberglass fenders I will order the ZG flares,so I'm with you there Jon. I wanted to do this in the first place but shyed away from cutting on my rust free quarters and thought I diverted the situation by checking clearances-but alais I got greedy with one more tire size and here i sit-rubbing!