HybridZ

who makes wide tires for 15" or 16"

im kinda mad that i cant find any tires with good sidewalls that will fit a 10-12 inch wide wheel. only brand i know of that makes them wide is Advan but they are truck tires and have a 60 or 70 side wall which is way to big for how wide i want them to be. i need a 265/50/15 or a 265/45/16 thats not a comp tire and can be good for the street.

They have but they dont have any real performace value, just size. Its hard to find anything of any significant performace value larger then 245 50 15.

Good luck if you do and let us know what you find..

BFG used to offer the Euro TA in sizes up to 305/50/15 but not any longer. This was a good compromise compound for a street car.

I have those on the rear, and 265's on the front. I hope by the time I ware them out someone will make a reasonable replacement.

tire rack lets you search by tire size and performance type

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/SearchTires.jsp

Tires for size 265/50-15

Search New Size Search by Vehicle

Performance Category: All

Brands: All

Speed Ratings: All

Run-Flat: Included

Results: 1 - 1 of 1 that fit your search criteria.

Dunlop GT Qualifier T

(Performance All-Season)

Overview | Specs | Warranty | Reviews | Survey Results

Sidewall Style: Raised White Letters

Size: 265/50TR15

Serv. Desc: 99T

Price: $83.00

Estimated Availability: In Stock

Road Hazard Program $39.84 total with four tire purchase

du_gt_qualifier_t.jpg

on tire rack put in 295/50/15 and you will get like 5-6 different tires. they are all under $110 each...BFG the most at $109...the cheapest was $70... lol

I want to squeeze some of those 295/50s on my 15x8 diamonds on the next tire change...and 235s up front...that will be mean looking...

yea...i saw that earlier. i swear i put that size in once and nothing came up. but the white letters..eh. i just wanted the big *** wheels, but i cut down about 1.5 inches to a 9.5 or a 10, and just gonna rock a 245/45/16.

Yeah, I have no idea how good that particular tire is. But the tire rack search function in pretty easy to use. Maybe you will find something better in a slightly different size.

BTW, you can always mount the raised white letters on the inside.

Well as you see that is what Im talking about, look at the speed rating on that tire, a T rating, meaningless for performance.

A good topic of discussion, but it depends on what you want to use the car for. For an autoXer, you probably want to go with a non-speed rated tire

because they are generally lighter. An autoX car will never see sustained speeds, so the speed rating can be a waste of money.

My understanding is that it is accumulated heat that makes tires fail at speed. So if you only run at high speeds for short periods of time and/or your car is significantly below the load rating of the tire, then you don't need to match the rated speed to the clockwise peg on your speedo.

Well as you see that is what Im talking about, look at the speed rating on that tire, a T rating, meaningless for performance.

well i was replying to silviaguy240.

"im kinda mad that i cant find any tires with good sidewalls that will fit a 10-12 inch wide wheel."

and then after a couple of replies he says

"thanks...but thats not what im lookin for. i need a normal performance street tire, not a drag or Semi-slick."

i think that these tires meet his criteria.

idk, i just dont want the R compound or softer rubber that will wear down every 1000 miles. the only reason im kinda having a tough time with is the 15's. one wheel im lookin a only comes in 14 and 15. but it will still be a while...so idk.

Get a common corvette, mustang, camaro tire size then buy them for cheap.

not lookin for a 17 or 18.