HybridZ

Wrecked... is this feasable?

Final verdict... looks like a total. Adjuster said that as far as he could tell, more than about 4500 would be a total... and he already calculated about 6500 parts and labor. He said there may even be more damage, and that he didn't think the 6500 listed would even FIX it. He said there may be suspension damage that he can't see... possibly more frame tweaking than is visible, and he didn't even notice damage to my dash from the bags until AFTER he calc'ed everything else.

Looks like maybe a $700 beater and a datsun in my future. May work out best; if I had fixed my TA, my insurance prolly would have gone so high I'd have to sell any way. I'll jsut pull the motor and tranny, part out everything else locally (lots of TA/Firebird/Camaro guys here). I'll try to find a cheap datsun project car and pick up a late 80s honda or soemthin too. If I can insure myself as the primary with just liability on the beater, I should be able to get really cheap specialty car insurance on the Datsun, right?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic