HybridZ

vw fender flares

Guest SouthGaZX

Guest SouthGaZX

around six months ago there was a thread where we pretty much came to the conclusion that victoria british flares were actually vw beetle flares (i think they said 67 beetle) that were trimmed to fit the z.. anyone toyed around with this idea? because vw flares are pretty cheap.. there was also a pic of an orange z with the beetle flares installed that looked great to me... i dont know how many of you read.. but i believe its a cheap way to get wide fenders with not a whole lot of work or $

VB, or Dragon whatever, are VW rear fenders that have been trimmed so that they conform to the Z car side profiles (front and rear). They are advertised as a 3.5" flare. They only flare the fender out ~1-1.5" beyond the stock arch.

Knowing what I know now... I never would have bought them. A serious waste of $800.

Just buy 4 VW rear fenders and cut away! Should save you $300+

yeah...you can get some from a vw guy that is going to wider flares for dirt cheap...like $40 for some fenders... and you can make upto like 4"-5" if you wanted too...not that hard. The hardest part would be trimming near the rocker panel on the front around the lip.

Guest SouthGaZX

thats good.. so you CAN use all 4... zhadman.. i believe you were the one that i originally read the post from a while back.. glad to know they will work for sure.. i like the look of those flares they are kinda.. different.. when i get to the body work im going to do that i believe. theres a vw junkyard not far from my house >8) have to go get what i need

Guest SouthGaZX

sorry about the misunderstanding.. when i meant CAN use all 4... i mean can use 4 rear for all 4 of the z fenders i understood about how the front was diferent.. now i just have to get my hands on a few and play around.. im not great with body work.. but how would you go about attacing these? i know you'll have to position them and trim here and there... how to keep them in place? self tapping screws? duct tape? and once you get them trimmed.. would you self tap them in place... then tack weld/grind/bondo... remove screws and weld/grind/bondo screw holes.. etc