HybridZ

Redoing my interior

JustinOlson

I just found a set of honda s2000 seats that I'm going to pick up this weekend. I'm going to rewire the whole car with a EZ wiring mini 20 circuit harness, then recarpet it and mount the seats. I dont know if I can do it all in this one weekend, but I'll do my best :)

DSC00343.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

With new carpet and these seats I think the interior of this old Z is going to be drastically transformed :)

Heres the wiring kit I'm using:

http://www.ezwiring.com/minitwenty.htm

Regards,

Justin

I test fitted the seats this weekend. The s2000 rails are a couple inches wider then the 280z seats. The s2k rails are also longer. I'm not sure what the end solution will be. I'm meeting up with my fabricator this weekend to get it sorted out.

Also, a odd thing to note, the inside rails that are next to the tunnel are shorter then the outside rails on the s2k seats.

On a good note, the s2k seats fit just about perfectly, and they are about the same weight as my stock 280z vinyal seats. They have much better support, and are way more comfortable then my factory seats. I Think I got a rather good deal on the seats as I payed $530 for the pair + gas money to pick them up.

Regards,

Justin

I test fitted the seats this weekend. The s2000 rails are a couple inches wider then the 280z seats. The s2k rails are also longer. I'm not sure what the end solution will be. I'm meeting up with my fabricator this weekend to get it sorted out.

Dang, wish I took pictures of my 350z seat install.

You can try this.

Take the sliders off the stock seats and run a nut/bolt through the middle to make them fixed, then temporarily mount them in the car.

make 2 cross pieces out of steel. I used angle iron and bolted it all together, welding might have been a little nicer. Anyway, using the short studs on the sliders that used to go into the seat frame, mount the 2 cross pieces to the sliders making a square frame with overhangs on the sides. Then mount the s2k rails to those overhangs.

clear as mud?

Good Luck!

I would try to retain the factory rails, but I want to place the s2k seat as low as possible to give me room for the helmet clearance when I install a roll cage.

I'm going to more then likely weld up some brackets off of the factory seat cross members so I can just bolt the s2k seats in without modifying them, or ruining my spare 280z seats. I would also like to retain the ability to put the stock seats back in if I decide to.

Regards,

Justin