HybridZ

I have arrived!!!! (in VA that is)

Guest bastaad525

Probably second weekend in June...

Bastaad, You probably want to think about this area too before you get to settled in down in Newportnews/Norfolk... The work in Fredericksburg is EVERYWHERE and paying well.

I'm getting ready to hire a part time admin assistant and I'm paying her $15 per hour and providing health care...

The money in and around Fredericksburg is amazing.

Mike

Mikelly, I've heard about your shindigs before and have wanted to go to one for a while (or to any event where I'm not the only s30 guy). I've heard that these get togethers are basically just a few guys getting together at your place to drink some beers and admire some nice cars. If that's so, are a couple of college kids welcome?

Pretty much we hang out and look at some cool stuff that members make, cars, and eat, drink and tell lies... It can go as many as 25 people and as few as four... We generally have quite a good time.

All are welcome to come and hang out...

Mike

Guest ON3GO
Pretty much we hang out and look at some cool stuff that members make' date=' cars, and eat, drink and tell lies... It can go as many as 25 people and as few as four... We generally have quite a good time.

All are welcome to come and hang out...

Mike[/quote']

mike.. im gonna come to one of those one day... fly in or drive in.

mike

I believe the Hampton / Newport News area is nicer, but it's been a while since I lived there. Welcome to the RIGHT coast! There's a Tidewater Z club and I believe still a Z type shop over it the Tidewater area (north of the tunnel).

Mike's Shindigs are SO laid back. You should make sure you do it. It's great to finally meet HybridZ people. And we don't just like V8s - Jaime comes and shows parts from his RB26, Doug (Synlubes) is an inliner and other L6 guys have shown up and I think had a good time.

Mike - I can do a shindig the second week of June. Can't make June 30 - 2 Jul - I got invited to an expenses pay trip with a high school bud to take his daughter, me, my daughter AND his 65 GT350 Shelby to VIR for the Shelby convention - along with an offer to take in on one of the track day sessions! I'm not sure I want to take a $200,000 car much over 6 tenths though! Ought to be a blast!

bast - welcome, and get over to Mike's even if he doesn't do a shindig!!! Bother Doug too - he's close!

• 1 month later...
Guest bastaad525

hey all. Haven't been on much lately... the dust still hasn't quite settled with this move.

At any rate, just an update. We have finally moved out from Portsmouth over to Chesapeake, to a very nice 2br apartment that is dirt cheap by California standards but is like luxury living as far as apartments go.

I'm finally back working though I had to settle for a crap job right now just so I could be making SOMETHING... I didn't feel that I had the luxury of time anymore to sit and be picky and get the job I WANT. I signed on to a temp agency and they sent me to work for Avis/Budget rent-a-car. Sucky thing is it's only $9 an hour but the good thing is that it seems that they offer EVERY temp a permanent position after like a month and they start at like $14 an hour, full medical dental and vision, 401k, the works.

My wife still hasn't started her permanent job that we friggin CAME UP HERE FOR... they have been stalling and stalling and we really have no idea when they'll finally have her start. In the meantime she has gone back to waitressing which has been her 'fallback' job forever. Sucks because she's hardly making crap... like $20-30 a day in tips. She picked the WRONG restaurant...

So... did I miss the 'shindig' or what?? I'm back to having weekends off for the first time in like 3 years so shouldn't have a problem making it to any local gatherings....

While you guys were finding jobs and getting settled, I was Selling the Corvette, Selling the Open Car trailer, Buying a house, Fixing the old house, buying an enclosed car trailer, and boxing up the contents of the 2100+ square foot home, 10X12 Shed, the 24X32 garage and the 11X32 upstairs of the garage. We moved in on June 2nd and have been steadily unpacking since. I expect to be fully unpacked by the end of June.

We will be having a HybdridZ ZCAR Shindig on August 12th.

Mark your calanders! It's the final date... 12Noon until whenever!

Mike Kelly