HybridZ

Megasquirt on a L20et with L28et loom

george.bryant

Am I able to splice the megasquirt loom onto a l28et loom, so that I can use the connectors on me l20et (i have a spare Loom off a l28et).

I am new to megasauirt. What else do I have to hook up for it to run? And what do I need etc. A full run down would be really appreicated please.

Thanks,

George

Don't waste effort trying to use the old L28ET harness and connectors with Megasquirt. You are just setting yourself up for problems in the future. Build a new harness, it's not really that difficult. Use all new connectors. The ECU to relay board harness you can buy, and there are people selling pre made harnesses that you just need to cut to lenght, and attach the connectors.

Just to second Z-ya, don't screw around with the looms. You will just end up with tons of extra wires that will only confuse you and get in the way. The EFI harness is nice and modular and can be ripped right out along with the ECU while keeping the ignition system intact.

The relay board makes everything extremely extremely easy - just plug it into your MS and plug in each sensor and injector into the board as well as the fuel pump and tach signal of course, and start your car. Theres your run down :) Not trying to be a dick, I couldnt believe it was that easy either.

edit- Oh I guess maybe the ECU controlls spark as well on the ET, but reguardless screw the 30 year old wiring.

What does the EFI harness and relay board look like? Is it difficult to make the relay board?

The ECU does control the Distributor on the l20et so what do I need to do to get megasquirt to work with that.

Links and help please guys. This is my next mod for my skyline and i need to get my head around it all.

relay board info-

http://www.bgsoflex.com/mspower/mspower.html

and pic-

http://www.bgsoflex.com/mspower/mspowercomplete.jpg

Its real easy to make, like 10 minutes easy.

On my 280z, the EFI harness went from the drivers side of the car over the intake manifols to the injectors, sensors, and cold start valve. Taking out this harness did not disrupt anything in the rest of the car. Yours likely just includes wires for the ignition system as well, which you'll be replacing.

For ignition you will need to connect the CAS on your ET dizzy to the tach input on the relay board and then the relay board to the - on your coil. I have never done this before but lots of others have so search arround.

What does the EFI harness and relay board look like? Is it difficult to make the relay board?

The ECU does control the Distributor on the l20et so what do I need to do to get megasquirt to work with that.

Links and help please guys. This is my next mod for my skyline and i need to get my head around it all.

For those State side the L20et uses the same dizzy as the L28et. George - if you follow the ms'n's or MS'n'Sextra guides etc that a lot of the L28et guys have done it should work for you in the same manner just a smaller engine/injectors etc.