HybridZ

3" intercooler piping

Zlovemachine

Guest ON3GO

if your fmic has 3in inlet/outlets then just run 3in to 2 1/2in reducer couplers.

thats what i do and alot of ppl do.

3in is overkill for a stock turbo setup.

mike

The problem is that I have already bought this size tubing over internet and do not really want to go through the hassle of pay for shipping asking if I can exchange and buying more coupler to fit on setup. I can exchange the other coupler I have already bought to fit this 3†setup. I didn’t realize how big 3†tubing really was till I open box:shock: . Well my setup is not really a stock setup. It has a T3/T4 turbo with flat top pistons make it high compress in 8.6.1 region. This is the whole reason for the intercooler. I just made a bad decision to go with 3†tubing.

So the question remains will I lose power with this setup? And

How much power loss am I looking?

Would it really be worth pay all this extra money and time to reduce the tubing size?

Guest 73Turbo240z

Doing 2.5" in my setup was a big enough hassle, 3" i could see being much much worse to fab, i know with some good tight radius bends you'd be alright, but still would be a very very tight fit.

I went 2.5"/2.75" while my friend went 3"/3". We both have the same the same 3" in/out intercooler and engine. On a second or third gear roll we both come on boost so close to the same time you can't tell the difference. On a stock turbo it is over kill but if you have the tubing you may as well use it. The turbo size really doesn't mean as much as how much air you are moving through it. Your set up (T3/4) at 20 psi would move more air than a T66 at 10 psi.