HybridZ

laptop or wide band 02

DAT240Z

can I get some input, I'm in the process of wiring up my megasqurit i don't have a laptop but do have a friend that had one but he might be leaving his job in a few weeks and would not have the laptop anymore. I hope to have my car on the road soon, I have about $250.00 do I buy me a loptop ( ebay) or would the money be better spent on the wide band. I do have the stock o2 sensor that I can use, just not sure how it's going to work. If you can include in you answer why you thing going with one over the other is better, that would be great.

Thanks

Well, you cant really use one without the other. A wideband would let you see precisely how far off your tuning is, but you wont be able to do anything with that info without the laptop. So I would say that you definitely would be better off with the laptop and a narrowband than without the laptop.

If this is a turbo car, you should really sell your body or something and get both..

- oh IC so you can use your friends laptop. So ya, get the WB02.

i second moby, a laptop shouldnt cost you more than 50$, anything that will boot windows will run megatune. The megatune program iteslf has very low cpu requirements. Furthermore, withoug a wideband you really have no idea what is going on with your motor. I tried to tune mine for a bit witout a wideband and trust me, its near impossible if not impossible. The laptop that it takes to run megatune is so old that many people have them sitting in closets and will just give them away, ask all your friends. Buy the cheapest laptop you can find and then get a lc1.