HybridZ

Dynoed the Bonneville Car...

Tony D

L20A (JDM Block) bored .020" to clean up the rust pits, crank offset ground to destroke to capacity limit of 1998cc's.

E88 Head, worked over...

Tec2 EFI with TWM 45mm ITB's.

Running engine driven fan (to be removed for competition and replaced with electric water pump drive)

Running straight pipes off headers to rear of car (for belly pan use)

Rear Wheel Horsepower Numbers, John Coffee knows the dyno, he recomended it to us (thanks, john!).

195HP at 8750rpms

Torque >125 ft-lbs to over 9300rpms (this is NOT a peak torque number, it's a MINIMUM number for the torque plateau on each end) where it starts to drop off.

We were hoping to make 66% of what the L28 engine made, (shooting for 200, 207RWHP) and we are really close to that. The electric water pump will free up some HP, especially at higher rpms, so on-course horsepower shold be at that number, and should give us the records we seek.

So that's the update!

Yes, the plan is for David to drive the car during the two day event at El Mirage the first weekend in May.

I have just bought a third camera body, as well as lenses and adapter rings to I can try and shoot some decent photos of the car at-speed so you can see the slipstream and dust coming off the back of the vehicle. El Mirage taught us a lot from static photos I took in 99 with my 35mm, I'm looking forward to some better digitals with the Nikon and the 3X and 2X lenses attached.

Hopefully David will get his rookie run on Saturday, and then go for the first record on a second run that day, or most definately the second day! The rookie run is limited to below 3/4 throttle, and under 100mph, but the record we are going for is in the 140's so once the rookie run is made, he will be able to run for the record, and get his speed qualification to 149mph on his second run (this all the time acknowledging the old racre's axiom: 'If it all holds together') This will be exciting, going down in displacement really makes the speeds challenging.

The rocords sought would be (in no particular order): G/PRO, G/ALT, G/GCC etc...

Most are in the high 140's range, and several are held by a sponsored Honda... So knocking that one off will be particularly satisfying! Muahahahaha!

When photos are available, I'll try to get them up somewhere and link to them. Cardomain if nothing else.

Cheers, All!