HybridZ

Sad, sad story

AKWIKZ

If wanton destruction with an unhappy ending makes you cry, turn away now. If not, you have been warned. A few months back we had a discussion about the Hidden Valley junkyard in Az. Well, I have just gone there and am sorry to report that the rumors are all true. They are in fact moving and only taking the 50's and 60's American cars. Here is the really bad part, ALL of the Dastuns have been crushed. The guy even explained to me how just last week they crushed two Roadsters and a Fairlady Z.

A freaking Fairlady Z! I asked him for clarification. "You mean a Roadster, right?" "No, a right hand drive Z. Pretty complete too." he explained. He went on to tell me that I was about 2 weeks too late. They managed to crush all of the Datsuns in just one week. I might have been able to get something had I been a bit earlier. I am trying my best not to let my imagination get away with me, but I can't help but wonder what condition that car was in. No matter what, the situation sucks.

Brian

Not surprising, a couple years back what got me started on the turbo swap was a call to datsun only junk yard that I had frequented for a year and the guy said he was going out of business, luckily I called when I did because it only gave me a week to pick throught the parts, then everything went to scrap. He had around 20-30 z cars and several engines, trannies, etc. It was sad, but I didn't have the money to stock up. He claimed the job was too stressful and I think he actually enjoyed junking the cars just to get back at the customers he didn't like???

I heard the owner actually pulled out a ton of good car and parts to a new location. He did have a sale awhile back and there were some good deals but i can't justify yet more projects around the house.

Brian, just settle in there are deals to be had here in AZ just have to be patient.

I don't know how old it can be, because they had not sold the land until a year ago. And I actually went over to their new location, it's just a mile away, and they have not moved anything yet. They said they will have the cars they are keeping moved over there in 6 months. While they may have crushed something earlier, I got it straight from one of the main guys there that they did not start the major crushing until just a few weeks back. I fail to see how it can be old news. Especially since, as far as I could see, no one here had actually gone to the yard to see what was happening. I even did a search of posts and came up with nothing. Plenty of people claimed to have called and spoken with them, but as far as I'm concerned, that is just second hand info. That is why I went out there, to see things in person. There are still cars in the yard, but they are European and will be gone within the next month.

Brian