HybridZ

Any lawyer types in the house?????

stony

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/7660160p-7571832c.html

There is the situation. The guy that is doing my car has not been effected by this but was employed heavily by the ringleader and my question is if he knew something about what was going on but was not involved is he at risk? Is my car at risk just being in his shop? The shop that it is at used to have Tom Raines as a leaser but has been signed over exclusively to jay Childs (chassis guy)

The FBI, ATF, DEA served a warrant at the shop where my car is at and found what they were looking for. It was a gun safe and a tool box that belonged to the drug dealer/welder:rolleyesg they opened it took what they needed and then left Jay (my chassis guy) alone. I was thinking that is Jay was involved and had anything to do with what was going on he would be gone also.

Anyways I'm considering pulling my car on Wednesday the 25th or April. If I do this it won’t get done for a while. If I stick with it and he is in the clear then it should be done in May sometime. BUT if he is involved there is a chance my car could get jacked by the FBI for investigation purposes and not seen for a while:-x

I know there are 100s of different things that could be going on here but my gut instinct tells me go get my car. But I also want to get it done. So what do you guys think? Any real legal advice out there?

It's hard to believe that the chassis guy working with the other guy had no clue. Simply unfathomable, birds of the feather flock together. The chassis guy can go down as an accomplice if he knew anything about it. Morover the shop and it's contents could be taken as evidence.

It's up to you but I'd rather be safe than sorry, furthermore what's keeping you from contacting the authorities yourself and asking them the same question?

Get the car out of the shop now!

A customer had his NSX at a shop when the cops showed up and arrested the owner - a day after they searched and seized some documents. The shop was locked down and the car owners had to prove the cars were their property and not stolen. Unfortunately for my customer, his engine was out of the car and he had no documents to prove that engine was his. He had to have his car towed and he never recovered the engine. The cops and the DA claimed the engine was stolen property.

It's hard to believe that the chassis guy working with the other guy had no clue. Simply unfathomable' date=' birds of the feather flock together. The chassis guy can go down as an accomplice if he knew anything about it. Morover the shop and it's contents could be taken as evidence.

It's up to you but I'd rather be safe than sorry, furthermore what's keeping you from contacting the authorities yourself and asking them the same question?[/quote']

PLan on doing that today. its been pretty hectic.

The only thing i dont understand is everything has been siezed and it hit the news. the only thing they took out of the shop where my car was a gun safe and a tool box that belonged to the ringleader. Jay, the guy working on my car only did tuning and shassis stuff for the guy. Didnt really work directly for him. and the only thing between him and the ringleader was teh fact they had there names on the lease. IF Jay had anything against him why would they not take him in with all the rest. Like i said i will be asking these questions todya and final decision on picking the car up will be on wednesday.

On a side note teh FBI guy that told me i would have to come back the next day to talk to JAY also said he wasnt in trouble and that he was a good guy here.

Anyways i will keep you guys updated.

sorry my typing sux kind of in a hurry

I asked a friend of mine that works for the FBI in AZ. She said that how they do it down there is that they make a list of thing that need to be confiscated/impounded before they do a bust. Usually they freeze their assets (business and properties also). Thats for AZ though.

If Jay is fully cooperating, then there shouldn't be anything to worry about since the lease is under his name, and since your car is a full tube chassie now, there shouldn't be any problem in believing its stolen. but what johnc said about the engine can be a problem though if they do decide to lock down the shop, but they would of already done that by now.