HybridZ

Will the victor junior manifold fit under my hood?

I keep thinking my car will be on the road in two weeks,but two months have past but i am really close.Full roller small block with 150 shot nos in a 73 240z,the car gets painted next week,interior back in,and drop the motor in.Problem?I have put a victor junior manifold,nitrous plate and demon carb on top,but i am starting to worry if this will fit under my hood.Does anyone else have this set up under their hood?Thanks

I am running a vic junior and a speed demon carb with a low profile air cleaner, I have about 1/2" clearence.. I tried a 1/2" spacer and it was too much, so be careful you are getting really close... maybe if you can find an extremely low profile air cleaner it will work!

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=67491&highlight=Rick%27s Search forums

I have Vic jr,+ 1/2" phenolic spacer and K&N 3.5 x 14 filter. Not all drop bases are =, ditto for lids. The lowest drop base I've seen is from Ricks first generation http://www.firstgen.com # EP-102. MikeC gets credit for this find. I cut off breather tube on my application and used chrome lid from Holley 14". Its real close to hood, but no contact. w/o spacer 4" element fits.

The base John is talking about is common for a lot of GM Muscle cars that came with Holley's, but the 67-69 Z/28 is easiest way to get it and as he noted, you can get the base by itself.

This drop base is the same as the 67-69 Cowl Induction air cleaner if you are contemplating a cold air hood, and I THINK the 70-72 Z/28 dual snorkel air cleaner also uses this base. The 70-72 setup would be trick for doing a ram-air type setup to the vents on either side of radiator.

I think some polished tubes with silicone connectors ala intercooler piping would look cool. Mostly you see poly type expansion hoses. Somebody in the back of Hot Rod type mags has a complete setup that uses 4" or 5" ducting. Looks super cool.

Team G intake (single plane) will fit under a stock Z hood with a 1 inch N20 plate and a Holley. Team G intakes come in three different heights, you will need the shortest one.

The short Team G with 1 inch spacer is the same height as a Performer RPM.

I have used both intakes on my 71 240. Team G with NOS plate and Performer RPM with foggers in the intake (under carb). But, I'm using the complete JTR conversion which uses the 1/2 inch body lift on the front cross member.

• 3 years later...

With photos of Holley 4150HP, Vic Jr, Phenolic 1/2" spacer, K&N 3.5 X 14" filter, Ricks first generation http://www.firstgen.com # EP-102 base. I used modeling clay to verify clearance to hood.

Side View:

zzzVicJrside.jpg

Carb Base:

zzzVicJrbase.jpg

Carb and 1/2" spacer:

zzzVicJr4150hp9.jpg

Using clay to verify clearance:

zzzVicJrclay.jpg

Front:

zzzVicJrairfront.jpg

Middle:

zzzVicJrairside.jpg