HybridZ

Throttle Cable Question

How is everyone? well i am trying to finish up my LS1 swap in my 280z and i am wondering what everyone has done with their throttle cables? what did everyone use? i don't see the stock ls1 cable working for me please let me know if there is a solution out there. thanks

...I did a search but the answers were somewhat vague.

I'm not buying it. In the five plus years I'm been on this site I've personally responded to theads like this at least three times WITH PICTURES. How can that be vague?

I'm not the only one. Several others have posted pics and explained their set-ups in detail.

You guys need to search better.

I'm not buying it. In the five plus years I'm been on this site I've personally responded to theads like this at least three times WITH PICTURES. How can that be vague?

I'm not the only one. Several others have posted pics and explained their set-ups in detail.

You guys need to search better.

You do know that most threads over 2 years old (I think) dont have pics anymore right? I have done many searches on here and its so frustrating when you find what your looking for and you get a "Not found" error when you click on a link to a pic that looks to be hosted by hybridz, like an attachment.

How is everyone? well i am trying to finish up my LS1 swap in my 280z and i am wondering what everyone has done with their throttle cables? what did everyone use? i don't see the stock ls1 cable working for me please let me know if there is a solution out there. thanks

when i began my swap i had the entire car. while stripping it i kept the factory throttle cable assembly [this consisted of a multi-cable setup which incorporated the cruise control]. anyway, i separated all the parts then combined them together to make one cable. i modified my pedal assembly to accept a cable [ball at the end-like a bicycle brake cable end]. i cut the outer sheath to the proper length then purchased a set screw type end so i could adjust the inner cable length at the throttle plate. if u look in my gallery, the cable is black and to me looks factory. i also retained the gm throttle plate end/mount setup which incorporates a red colored pivoting head-which when u look at it helps to prevent the inner cable from 'sawing' the outer cable when the throttle is worked. if u don't have the donor car, a visit to the local jy should do the trick.

if u look in my gallery, the cable is black and to me looks factory.

I see that reference to "my gallery" here a lot and I can not find any links to galleries anywhere. Can someone please tell me where these galleries are? Is there something in the profile that would take me to people's galleries?

when u see a ref to 'my gallery', you'll then need to do a very small amount of 'finger work'. simply go to the hybrid main page, select 'albums' then once in there 'members galleries' and select the members pics u want to view. they're listed alphabetically or, in my case numerically. i'll do this one for ya.

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=8104