HybridZ

older chevy 427 vs new LS7

Well, theres a ton.

The new 427's are all 100% hand assembled,

the LS7, is part of the LS family (ls1, ls2) its fuel injected, has an aluminm block, dry sump, and titanium connecting rods, lots more trick stuff like that. The new ls7 is only in c6-z06's and avalibe in a crate motor thro GM

the ls7 would be ALOT easier to fit in a z

Both are similar in ways like

they will both cost a pretty penny

both will make tons of power

both will be hard to find (the ls7's are limited in production)

Damn' date=' wasn't aware that Summit was selling these LS7's. The price is almost reasonable I think: 13k

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=NAL%2D17802397&N=115&autoview=sku[/quote']

Based on what I've seen from some of the LSx builders, the LS7 is a huge bargain based on the parts inside. With that being said, its still 13K.

Based on what I've seen from some of the LSx builders, the LS7 is a huge bargain based on the parts inside. With that being said, its still 13K.

Exactly, great parts at a bargain but STILL $13k. Only thing that let me down about the motor is the cast pistons. I mean who in their right mind puts TITANIUM rods and a forged crank in a motor only to top it off with some cheeseball pistons. I know the whole piston knock thing and you can run tighter tolerances with cast but still. Thats just crap.