HybridZ

Pics of rear adjustable lower control arm

Guest Anonymous

As usual with you Simon, beautiful workmanship on the new parts.

Two questions about the arms:

1) Why not go with Urethane bushings?

2) If the front link is shortened and the rear lengthened (by turning the adjusters in opposite directions) won't you get a bind? It looks like the adjusting part is threaded into rigid (non-pivoting) parts of the control arm. I'd think that if you were to try to put toe in with this setup (not advisable to do much toe in or out, as I've heard) you'd get binding due to the angles induced. For straight camber adjustment, it seems there'd be no problem. Just wondering how much toe adjustment you'd have with this setup before it binds. If a car is tweeked, sometimes it's nice to be able to get rid of that with an adjustment in the arms, if possible.

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project - pparaska@home.com">pparaska@home.com -

Guest Anonymous

Gidday Pete

I haven't tried it out fully yet, but I built it to have the standard Z toe (used a brand spanking new control arm to make my jig) and from the limited adjusting Ive done, I can get about 2 rotations of one adjuster before the other binds. . .I dont know yet how many degrees this equates to, but when I get it down to the wheel aligners, I'll check it out both ways and see how much I can screw into it. Im presently waiting on my rear struts. . they're away being hpc coated.

Cheers - Simon

Simon,

I assume by your posts that you was less concerned with Camber and more concerned with toe adjustment. I think that is the reason Areizina Z and others have used the heim joint setup when fabing up control arms.. BTW, VERY NICE WORK!!

I hope to have prices and parts sorted out by this coming week. If that happens, we should be able to start making and mailing out the control arms (Front and rear) before Xmass!!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Going to Simon's site is like walking into a custom race/show car builders shop for me. I am always delighted with the incredible workmanship on the parts, the photography, and the site.

I LOVE it!

BTW, two turns on those puppies looks like alot of toe adjustment. Those threads aren't very fine by the looks of it, and two turns looks like at least 2/10 inch. That'd be a pretty large toe adjustment, I'd venture.

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project - pparaska@home.com">pparaska@home.com -

Guest Anonymous

Mike,

I'm looking foward to more info on the control arms. What a great Christmas present. Was considering a DVD player but it doesn't stand a chance now. Mark