HybridZ

Interested in the Pinks Z: Want the motor? Details within...

Guest 73Turbo240z

Guest 73Turbo240z
What about the rest of the car, will it be for sale????

Were recycling as much of the car for another build, whatevers left over may be sold off to raise funding...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 73Turbo240z

Countdown has begun, 5 days from now a winner is picked, or until we reach the 350 max tickets, of which there are 72 remaining.

Guest 73Turbo240z
I'm glade there's more, I bought 1 right after somebody got 22. so life's good. thanks

yep, you were the 1st to purchase one of the final 75 coundown tickets.

stats updated

Guest ON3GO

if you win the engine its yours to do what you want with it.

use it, sell it (hope ya dont lol), donate it, give it away, whatever.

mike

Guest 73Turbo240z
I have one but what are the chances of getting the 75th one?

Are they numbered?

Do you have a log of the purchases?

Are we free to give the motor away?

Are there rules to such things?

Do you care? :D

Peace..

Motor is yours to do w/ as you please...

tickets are numbered by there purchase time/date, thats why i've been updating that log of when and how much people buy, thats your "numbered" ticket.

from there i'm going to go grab a roll of raffle tickets, tear out between 275-350 (basically however many sold), mix em up in a big bag, and pick.

originally i was just going to ask a stranger at a starbucks or somthing to just pick a number between 1 and whatever the last ticket was, but that seemed so informal.

Guest 73Turbo240z

Alright, with the raffle nearing we've been covering the logistics of how to handle things, and a unique problem has presented itself...

The car is still not paid for, i've been collecting raffles, and waiting to send all the money at once. During this time i was under the impression that others had sent cash to Mike directly as well, and that all was kosher and ready to rock.

As of today, i've been informed that the total balance of $3100 to buy the car back, is still at $3100 owed. And it would appear i'm the only one that is in a position to pony up at this time. Mikes mom will not release the car untill she's been paid.

Currently there is $1800 or so sitting in the paypal account thats ready to send, this is all the proceeds from the raffle, originally this cash was intended to go to me for putting up my shortblock, but i decided that it would go to help pay the car back when we lost, and i guess i'll just start over from scratch or somthing.

The plot further thickens, as Mike is about to start a new job, and has niether the time, nor tools at home to do a motor pull/crate/ship, so it would appear the car needs to come back to Texas now so that i can dismantle it.

The car is currently not running, i've been informed that the MSD box is inoperable, and Mike would pull the Z32 transmission before the car left, which means we'd have no tranny/shifter/driveshaft...

I went and priced quotes on auto shippers, i can get it down to the $600's if the car runs, i could only get it down to the $1000's with the car not running, so it's alot of cash saved if the car runs needless to say.

Here's what i'm calling on HybridZ for now, and i'm sincearly sorry to do this as ya'll have been a great great help already, but here it is, basically we need the following:

1. to sell the rest of the remaining 72 raffle tickets before the deadline (which is currently 4 days i think),

2. donations if your not the gambling type (pipe dream i know)

3. A local floridian to speak up who would be willing to donate any manual L block gearbox/driveshaft/shifter combo so that the car can drive to save on shipping.

Basically i've been asked to try and generate the revenue to do this, and thats definately no small task since were talking about trying to raise roughly $2000 between tabbing out w/ Mikes mom and getting the car to Texas.

Ever since we started the engine raffle i can count the number of donations we got after that point on one hand, and i don't find that all that suprising since raffles had a element of chance to them, and are fun. I'm going to try and do raffles for the other cool parts on the car, but its got to get back to Texas 1st.

I realize some of ya'll might wonder why we left before we bought it back, so i'll answer that one now, the car wasn't purchased back till wensday or thursday if i recall right. We had to be back in Houston, at our jobs, that monday.

So theres the task at hand, i've got the 1st $1800 ready to go, spread word about the raffle so we can clear out the last tickets, spread word that were begging for donations, if you have hook ups in the auto-shipping world speak up, if you can help out w/ the transmission stuff lets hear it. Our target is to have that car running and on a shipping truck bound for Houston by June 30th, and i get a discount on shipping if i book 10 days in advance, so consider the deadline June 20th, thats 15 days!

Unless I somehow missed some pertinent piece of information (which is entirely possible :D )... is the Pinks raffle still going to take place as planned? Or do you need to get the money situation resolved first?