HybridZ

Stupid E-Bay Buyer

Guest BiltWel

Guest BiltWel

Ok here is the listing I need to vent. Please give your opinion on whether I was fair or not after I explain what happened.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8060885203&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT

Ok here is the setup. I E-mailed this guy three times about the 48hr payment deadline with no response, the last time I did I said that if I didn't see payment within the 48hr deadline listed on the auction I would report him to e-bay and sell the car to the next highest bidder(which he snipped the auction from anyway). Well he finally got in touch with me Saturday we exchanged numbers he paypal'd me the cash and came down today. Here is where the fun starts. He gets here from about 450mile trip he says that he bought the car for the front clip and there was a very minor dent and scrape on the passenger fender(I swear I didn't see it when I listed it and he never asked me any questions during the auction) anyway it will buff out. I made $135 on the auction and I said I'll give you $20 of what I made for not seeing the small dent in the fender that he never asked about (I swear it is about the size of a quarter) he balks and says that he could sue me for credit card fraud and I immediatley go redneck on him saying "just get your wheels and roll them up to the door of the shop DON'T COME IN we will change em out" I was afraid the guy was going to fall down and sue my buddy in his shop the way this dude was talking. Anyway he rolls his wheels up there and he brought five lugs(this car is a four lug) we told him he needed to figure out what he wanted to do(he was using a tow dolly) my buddy offered to sell him the wheels and tires that were on it(Enki 17") for $100.00 to try and get this guy the hee haw out of here and everyone happy. Finnally my buddy comes down to $50 trying to help this guy out and I say I will still give you the $20 that I said I would on the dent so basically $30 for these wheels and tires. This guy says he isn't even going to take the car and I say OK I will give you 1/2 your money back then again he balks. Keep in mind that he has let us spend an hour changing the stem on one of them due to the low profile tires and my buddies changing machine not wanting to get along with each other before he says anything. Well finally he says OK he is going to take the car so we help him push it up on his dolly, 2hrs. have now passed and this guy after saying that everthing was cool tells me he is still going to file a dispute with Paypal over misinformation in my auction. The auction plainly says NEAR PERFECT I always say that to keep from having problems if there is a small dent or nic or somthing. Well anyway he's gone and now I feel better now that I have talked to someone about it. I feel like the guy got an extra sweet deal, some people just can't be pleased. What do you guys think?

Looks like a freaking huge deal!

Just my .02, even if the car is perfect, don't use that phrase 'near perfect' on a car you are seelling for $400.

And no, you probably couldn't please this guy no matter what!

Good luck.

my neighbor put an all stock 91 gmc cyclone for sale on ebay for $15k.somebody backed out on the sale and he kept the $500 deposit.i have bid on car on ebay and somehow even at 2am the price skyrockits.i dont like ebay for buying complete vehicles.a buddy that owns a used car lot bids on harley's and the supposed owners always want the money wired to them?i dont think so.

Guest BiltWel

Well it might but on this one my buddy really wanted to keep the wheels and it would definatley have been towed if you put it up on blocks in a parking spot we were just going to keep half the payment that he made sell the car to the next highest bidder and let paypal sort out the rest. I think they would have been on our side. I mean we wirked on the car for 2 hrs. for this guy then he acted like he wasn't going to take it like he had leverage or somthing in the situation. I just don't get how some people put themselves and others in these situations. This guy wanted all his money back after he let 3 $35.oo an hour guys get this car preped for him to take for 2 hours. Plus we practically gave him a set of $450 dollar rims with it. I don't know as my buddy said he is a true "Richard Noggin".