HybridZ

4 bolt datsun to 5 bolt chevy

Guest Ron

Guest Ron

Can someone tell me what is involved in changing over to the 5 bolt chevy patern for wheels. I will need some wide 15 inch wheels and they are hard to find in 4 bolt patern. thanks

Hmm, I'm pretty sure chevy blocks mostly come in two or four-bolt mains. I'm not sure about this five bolt deal you of which you speak.:flamedevi

Please try searching in the appropriate forum for this information (brakes, wheels, suspension, and chassis). It's been convered many times.

If you take a two bolt main block, and count the bolts on one side of the crank, there are five of them. I bet that's it.

If you are only using 4 bolts now, your motor isn't going to last very long. You should add the other bolt immediately. Be sure and turn the motor off before doing this, or you may wind up with a rare-but-not-desirable 4 digit hand, and blood causes the internal engine components to rust rapidly. The blood and the rust are about the same color, but neither is good for your engine. Also, the bits of flesh will stop up the screen in the oil pickup, resulting in more problems.

Search, in the proper forum.

jt

Guest Ron

My bad, but I did flush out you motor guys. I was refering to the wheel bolt patern. Sorry I didn't make myself clear on that.

Ron,

Not sure if perhaps '87-'89 300ZX front hubs have enough material to be re-drilled with the 'Chevrolet' 4.75" x 5 lug bolt pattern. Here is a photo of one:

New%20Front%20Suspension%20003.jpg

The rear hubs & stubs certainly do not and will require an adaptor like these: hhttp://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/subpages/custom_wheels_adaptit.htm

http://store.gaugemagazine.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=886

Or new stubs like these:

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=62

Guest iskone

Your defenitly better off going with a 5 x 4.5 pattern. There are less wheels available for Chevy PCD's. I don't how much the AIM adaptors are but you wouldn't have enough meat to drill out on your rear hubs, early Z anyway.

Isk

The only reason I looked into 5 x 4.75" lug circle wheels is I love the vintage look of 72-spoke wire wheels. Relatively plentiful as found on Jaguar XJ's from 70's-90's. But I decided that by the time I buy (or built) adaptors, you might as well get new Dayton knock-offs (or bolt-ons) that fit the Nissan 4 x 4.5" or 5 x 4.5" hubs.