HybridZ

240Z Illustration

Initial Z

Ok, so I'm an illustration student at Pacific Northwest College of Art here in Portland and I got and assignment to create an icon of something that inspires me. Sense I recently got my first Z, and have been working on restoring/modifying it I thought this would be the perfect subject for me. Let me know what you guys think of it. Thanks,

Nate

Initial_Z_by_NateDavis.jpg

Thank you all for your positive comments! When I started this project I knew I was going to show it to all you Hybrid Z guys so I tried to make it an image that inspired me and would intrigue other Z heads. The car that I drew is pretty similar to how I want mine to look and I chose to only use Black and red because I plan on painting it black with red accents. My illustrations class is tomorrow so ill let you guys know how the critique goes.

mind if i use it as my desktop background?

kinda trippy!:trippen:

Feel free to use it for your desktop. But anything ells pleas ask.

I would love to be able to sell prints of this to help me pay for my Z project. Although I’m not sure what I would charge fore such prints. If I made them, they would be approximately 8” X 21” and on good archival quality mat paper. If someone wanted a larger or smaller print that could be arranged too. If you guys who are interested in a print could give me a ballpark figure of what you would pay for a print we can start to work out some kind of deal. Also if I where to only make a limited number of prints to sell, would that influence what you want to pay?

Thanks again for the support,

Nate

Guest iskone

I like it. I don't know what prints go for so I could be way off but I'd pay $20 for one.

Hmmmmm a big one that was sideways and done in a matter similar to this one but instead of the "tribal" design it was a graffitti based design that I'd pay more for. I'm basied if you couldn't already tell but I'd hang something like that up in my wall.

Antoher idea. Lots of times in graffitti people will do a piece (Interconecting block letters, with style) that will say there name but it's shaped like an insect or person. If you could do something like that I'd be in for sure. I don't know maybe a bunch of Z's shaped like the numbers/letters 240Z or Datsun. Or the words 240Z or Datsun shaped like a Z. Damn that last idea would be sick!!!

Isk

hey initial z, as far as pricing goes, determine cost of materials, cost of making the prints (unless this is a print in the first place? you didn't say what media you did it in), and then how much time you have in it, and try to decide how much that amount of your time is worth. As a fellow artist, i have the same problem...

Guest iskone

Inaital Z, could you post the pic of just the Z you used. I want to see if I can come up with a good looking Datsun piece. I don't wanna step on your toes or make any cash so if you don't want to send it that's cool.

Isk

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all sorry it’s taking me so long to reply, i got really busy with finals and work and my car and everything else. anyway it looks like the print lab is not going to be available to me over the summer so I’m not going to be able to make any prints for awhile. sorry. As far as how i made it i just found a bunch of high rez pictures of a z that looked pretty similar to how i want mine to look like and used those as reference to create the line drawings then i scanned them, and through the wonder of photoshop i manipulated them until I got the composition that i had invisioned in my mind. then i scanned in the drawing for the “tribal†design and the red splatter and put them all together. the crit went well everyone really liked it especially my instructor. He told me that this is the kind of stuff i should be making instead of what i had been doing for previous projects which had been at least related to fantasy art. Well thanks for the support i’ll keep you posted if i create any more Z related art.

~nate