HybridZ

My whole dash is digital now...VEI Systems digital gauges

Guest 280ZForce

LOL yep thats it.. jeez weirdness for sure. thats got to be the right golf course and school then.. i used to walk down to lincoln i think and we would dare each other to run under the road through the giant drain under it linking the 2 sides to the course lol skeery stuff when your 7.

do you do the Ortega highway run between 15 and 5 above lake Elsinor? used to rip that up on my bike.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 280ZForce

haha...i used to live like 2 houses up from that drain! i used to run around in there when I was younger too! woah...that's crazy sh*t!

yeah i know where Ortega is off the 15...I've seen a biker crash and die on 1 of the turns there years ago.

what?? man thats just too crazy LOL i dont know how many times we would dare each other to run through that thing .. ofcourse on the way down to the convient store so would could play galaga and defender for hours LOL

small frken world !!

yep ortega is a killer but boy is it fun..=)

Guest 280ZForce
So how did you get the speedometer to work? Do they make mechanical guages or did you adapt a sender? This is assuming you are running a datsun tranny.

adapted a sender that was provided by VEI. yes, i was using them on a 5speed z tranny and now the 5speed 280zx tranny

Guest 280ZForce

well when I dropped in the stroker motor it didnt have an a/c compressor and I didnt want to transfer it off my previous turbo motor.

I had never really used the a/c anyway.

Last summer I had a n47 motor that had my old t4 setup on it and after I lost compression in 1 cylinder and a blown headgasket my motor was gettin hot easy cuz I was losing coolant. So I had to drive around town and in traffic w/ the heater on to keep the engine in somewhat civil engine temps in 90-100+ weather! Wasnt fun, but I survived. So I figured I could live w/out a heater at all now, which is better than having it on in summer to say the least.

So then I ordered all these gauges and came to a conclusion to rip it all out completely to have a good looking mounting place and to keep all the gauges in a similar location.

Guest 280ZForce

i could get some sort of measurements, the only mounts are the 4 screws you see which are the stock mounting holes for the vent controls. but you have to remember this is for a 280z, and I believe the vent controls vary in shape and sizes for the 240z, 260z and 280z.

Hey Bill ..i have a cracked dash control plate if you want it for a template...i replaced mine about 3 years ago and still have the other one... cracked around the screw holes ofcourse.

Zone could you post another couple of pics closer up on that control cover.. if you get the chance pls. i really like the look of that.

Guest 280ZForce

i'll post some other pics soon...car is gettin another new intercooler and a 3.7 r200 clsd installed, get my speedo workin and tryin to have some turn signal bugs takin care of. so i'll snap some more pics when i get it back for ya.

man i dont know ... everytime i plan a trip up there for early in the day.. something goes screwy and we end up going real late and then gettingout of movies or playing pool at like 12.. so i figured thats a bit lol.. we are planning to go the night drags next sat.. they are running from 10 - 2am . firs time there in a long time and they really made that place nice... ill give ya a call later next week and we can make plans

• 2 months later...
Guest 280ZForce
would anything like this work for the 280zx??? i know the dash is different, and mine currently has the digital dash '83 in it...and i absolutely hate the looks of it...

Yeah I'm sure something like this could work, you just might have to fab up a dash panel to hold the gauges where your speedo, tach and etc are at in the main cluster.

Guest 280ZForce
It looks cool at night. How well do they work during the day with direct sunlight on them?

they work great day or night...plus i can adjust their brightness on 8 or 9 different levels.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...