HybridZ

Got to see Turbo Meister make a couple passes

rustorbust

Was suprised to see that Hans made the trip down to San Diego to run his sbc twin turbo'ed 240z at one of our street legal race events last night. That cars worth the admission just to see it run. Simply awsome car and really good guy. I was able to see it make what i think was a 6.30's pass, leaving with the front wheels in the air.

James

James,

It was nice meeting and talking to you. Qualcomm is an interesting place. But I didn't really hook up at launch until I did a massive burnout on my last race. But then it was hard to steer with the front wheels off the ground. The guy with the Super Gas Vega with 14" slicks and wheely bars, that I raced on that run, told me later that he was shocked at the way my Z launched. I beat him to the finish line, but I left a hair early.

D.R. Hunt,

A few weeks ago, at Irwindale, I ran a 6.17 (1/8th) for one of my license qualifying runs.

Corzette,

Do you attend any auto racing events in Japan or are you forced to live vicariously through our experiences?

A number of Z-fans have asked me about the possibility of installing a big block into a Z. I always tell them to log on and look at your show car.

Hanns

Hanns, yes all my excitement comes from loggin in to Hybridz...I am near the Fuji Speedway but have not been yet. Its more like Formula 1 racing and not drags. I cant wait to drive the Zs again. Good thing is that I am saving mucho bucks for the next engine replacement so I guess itll be fine in the end. Damn I gotta catch you guys (not likely) but would like to go solid 10s with out the juice. If I can learn more about turbos it may be an option... looks like alot of fun. Oh my BBZ has a simple engine cradle and fits without any cutting.

Terry

turbo meister...maybe you've posted this elsewhere, but how come you never run the 1/4 mile drags?

Because the tech staff warn me not to run in the 9's without a competition license. When I do run the quarter I get on the brakes and usually run low,low 10's. I prefer to stay on the good side of the staff people because they remember me. I'm getting my license because the staff at Irwindale finally got tired of me running too fast and turned me away.

Now that I will soon have my license, I will run the qtr.

Hanns